Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » antlr error with the workflow file
antlr error with the workflow file [message #1237269] Wed, 29 January 2014 09:19 Go to next message
Mehmet Ali Meram is currently offline Mehmet Ali MeramFriend
Hi there,

i have recently installed the following eclipse:

DSL tools Eclipse DSL Tools

Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819

And i want to use my existing code using the generated code based on Xtext 1.0. But if i want to generate the code with new new Xtext Framework it yields this strange error:

[main] INFO lipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri 'H:\Tools\Java_tooling\cdsi_gen'
2765 [main] ERROR eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowEngine - [ERROR]:

ATTENTION!
The Antlr generator fragment couldn't be found on the classpath.
It is highly recommended to install the feature 'Xtext Antlr SDK' using the external updatesite:

(see http://www.eclipse.org/Xtext/download.html for details).

(Element: -UNKNOWN-; Reported by: -UNKNOWN-)
2765 [main] ERROR eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowEngine - Workflow interrupted because of configuration errors

The workflow file i use is enclosed in this thread. Do you know how to eliminate this error?

Re: antlr error with the workflow file [message #1237282 is a reply to message #1237269] Wed, 29 January 2014 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uli Merkel is currently offline Uli MerkelFriend
In your project directory, you will find something like: .antlr-generator-3.2.0.jar

Delete this file and rerun the MWE on your XTEXT file.
Then you will be prompted to reply "y" to download the antlr.

At least this worked for me

Re: antlr error with the workflow file [message #1237290 is a reply to message #1237282] Wed, 29 January 2014 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks, i tried it but it didn't work. And the package de.itemis.xtext.antlr is dependent on this antlr version. If i remove this jar then the manifest cannot find the dependency. Du you have the same eclipse version as i posted?

Regards

[Updated on: Wed, 29 January 2014 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: antlr error with the workflow file [message #1237305 is a reply to message #1237290] Wed, 29 January 2014 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uli Merkel is currently offline Uli MerkelFriend
I use Kepler, but if you run on XTEXT 1.0, perhaps you have to MIGRATE to xtext2 (see xtext documentation Chapter 13).

Or your XTEXT 1.0 is just looking for an older ANTLR fragment which is not part of the current delivery.
Whats about the site referenced in your "It is highly recommended to install the feature 'Xtext Antlr SDK' using the external updatesite:"
Re: antlr error with the workflow file [message #1237358 is a reply to message #1237305] Wed, 29 January 2014 13:53 Go to previous message
I already migrated to Xtext 2.0. But the reason was this fragment in the workflow file:
<fragment class="org.eclipse.xtext.generator.AntlrDelegatingFragment" />

After i replaced it with this line, it worked:

<fragment class="org.eclipse.xtext.generator.parser.antlr.XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment" />

Previous Topic:ERROR org.eclipse.xtext.builder.impl.XtextBuilder - java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.xtext
Next Topic:grammar for ecore metamodel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:04:45 GMT 2024