Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials(ERROR: Failed to check out http://usgvlcrmsvnsrv.infor.com:18080/svn/epiphany-ia/branches/dusky_patch/Dev/RP org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response faile)
Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235198] Thu, 23 January 2014 19:53 Go to next message
d vaid is currently offline d vaidFriend
Hudson environment details

Hudson version is Hudson: 3.0.1-b2

Hudson ssh plugin version: 2.1.1

Hudson Subversion plugin 2.3.3

All our Hudson multi platforms builds are failing with the below exception. Previously we were getting this exception randomly and it was not consistent. It is a sporadic message which comes. If the connection is established the checkout goes well

ERROR: Failed to check out org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. (/svn/epiphany-ia/!svn/vcc/default)
svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/epiphany-ia/!svn/vcc/default'

We have tried the following and nothing is working. Please let us know if there are any more things which we can do

This has become a blocking issue for us

1 cleaned the workspace and also the slave.jar file and regenerated them from hudson by relaunching the slaves.
2 deleted the .subversion folder created by subversion so that during fresh checkout it is re created
3 increased the htp-timout and httpSpolling in the svn server
4 checked all the subversion clients of all the slaves and confirmed that all the client version is 1.6 and above and our svn server is also in 1.7.
5 checked the hudson server log and found that for one of the slave where we get this error often there was a exception like the one below
Jan 23, 2014 10:25:41 AM hudson.scm.SubversionWorkspaceSelector syncWorkspaceFormatFromMaster
WARNING: Failed to retrieve Subversion workspace format
java.io.InvalidClassException: hudson.scm.SubversionWorkspaceSelector$1; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -9083182694487986517, local class serialVersionUID = 6494337549896104453
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:562)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1582)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1495)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1731)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1328)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:350)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.deserialize(UserRequest.java:171)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:91)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:41)
at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:276)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235250 is a reply to message #1235198] Thu, 23 January 2014 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
This seems like a JDK version issue

java.io.InvalidClassException: hudson.scm.SubversionWorkspaceSelector$1; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -9083182694487986517, local class serialVersionUID = 6494337549896104453

What version of Java are you running in the slave. Hudson expect JDK 6 or above

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235476 is a reply to message #1235250] Fri, 24 January 2014 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I confirmed that the java version is 1.7 in that machine. But is this error have to do anything with the svn checkout problem which we face?

Just sending the whole stack trace for reference

ERROR: Failed to check out org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity. (/svn/epiphany-ia/!svn/vcc/default)
svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/epiphany-ia/!svn/vcc/default'
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:106)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:90)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:662)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:286)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:274)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.performHttpRequest(DAVConnection.java:696)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.doReport(DAVConnection.java:328)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.runReport(DAVRepository.java:1287)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.update(DAVRepository.java:835)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.updateInternal(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:216)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.update(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:100)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgAbstractUpdate.checkout(SvnNgAbstractUpdate.java:756)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgCheckout.run(SvnNgCheckout.java:14)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgCheckout.run(SvnNgCheckout.java:9)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgOperationRunner.run(SvnNgOperationRunner.java:20)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:20)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1221)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:292)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doCheckout(SVNUpdateClient.java:781)
at hudson.scm.subversion.CheckoutUpdater$UpdateTaskImpl.perform(CheckoutUpdater.java:99)
at hudson.scm.subversion.WorkspaceUpdater$UpdateTask.delegateTo(WorkspaceUpdater.java:152)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.perform(SubversionSCM.java:807)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:790)
at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:771)
at hudson.FilePath$FileCallableWrapper.call(FilePath.java:2052)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:107)
at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:41)
at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:276)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:482)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:345)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:177)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1121)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:614)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:780)
Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235551 is a reply to message #1235476] Fri, 24 January 2014 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
A simple Google seach gives may hit on this issue. This may be very relevant.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16414754/svn-processing-report-request-response-failed-the-element-type-meta-must-be

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235559 is a reply to message #1235551] Fri, 24 January 2014 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried all the google search but this link is new for me. Please note i am not using Jenkins but hudson(i know that hudson and jenkins are very similar and have branched out) let me see how i can add this property in hudson. Please let me know if you already know the answer for my question

Thanks for your inputs. Hopefully it should work for us. I am newbie to hudson so not very failar with all the configurations etc
Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235584 is a reply to message #1235559] Fri, 24 January 2014 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am planning to add this in the JVM Option of the Hudson configuration for each of the slave as i saw that java path starts the JVM after that there is something called as JVM options field. Will this work?? I am assumuing that the slave.jar file will have the necessart classname which the JVM needs. Please correct me if any of my understanding is incorrect

-Dsvnkit.http.sslProtocols=SSLv3 -classpath a.jar:svnkit.jar:

[Updated on: Fri, 24 January 2014 19:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1235600 is a reply to message #1235584] Fri, 24 January 2014 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i confirmed that once the slave is relaunced this jvm option works. Will confirm if this solution works for us after i run the build for the slaves.
Re: Getting svn exception when we do a checkout from hudson and the build fials [message #1237516 is a reply to message #1235600] Wed, 29 January 2014 22:26 Go to previous message
Folks i am back again i added this features in hudson configration and then ran builds fpr a week now again today i am getting the same error so looks like i am also in the 15% of the people of the forum for whome the solution didn work.

any more pointers
Previous Topic:Hudson SVN-Tag Plug-in 1.16 installed but option not seen on configuration
Next Topic:Parameterized builds using shell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:36:11 GMT 2024