Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Library Data Source Is Hardcoded Into Reports
Library Data Source Is Hardcoded Into Reports [message #1232739] Fri, 17 January 2014 16:04 Go to next message
Eric Daly is currently offline Eric DalyFriend
All of our reports use a linked SQL data source that is defined in a rptlibrary file. This allows us to move copies of the reports to the test server, and it automatically uses the library file on the test server to connect to the test database. However, I noticed that all of the reports are still querying the production database, and discovered that the linked data source becomes "edited" automatically when adding any new datasets. Examining the XML, it goes from linked:
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="SQLSource_[databasename]" id="599"
 extends="General.SQLSource_[databasename]"/>

to
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="SQLSource_[databasename]" id="599"
 extends="General.SQLSource_[databasename]">
            <property name="odaDriverClass">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
            <property name="odaURL">jdbc:mysql://[production database path]</property>
            <property name="odaUser">[username]</property>
            <encrypted-property name="odaPassword" encryptionID="base64">[encrypted password]==</encrypted-property>
        </oda-data-source>

WHY? Is there a way to prevent BIRT from automatically overriding the library link? I don't want to hardcode the connection parameters into every report, because this defeats the purpose of linking to the library.
Re: Library Data Source Is Hardcoded Into Reports [message #1244411 is a reply to message #1232739] Wed, 12 February 2014 09:43 Go to previous message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
Hello Eric,

I faced the same problem and i discovered the following message

Quote:
NOTE: This report item from the library has been modified. To restore the original library item, click on "Restore Properties"

at property editor of report data source. So, after the addition of datasets i am clicking that button.

I know it is not the wanted behavior, but at least it wotks.
Previous Topic:Which is the correct lifecycle of the BIRT runtime to create multiple reports
Next Topic:Event not fired with dynamic table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:18:43 GMT 2024