Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to get Eclipse Installed(Cannot locate JAVA Hotspot Client)
icon8.gif  How to get Eclipse Installed [message #1232435] Thu, 16 January 2014 23:49 Go to next message
Loy Banks is currently offline Loy BanksFriend
This is my first post to Eclipse. I hope I'm in the correct group for this posting. If not, perhaps you can send over to the proper group.

I'm totally new to Eclipse. I'm a 73 year old fellow here in southern Colorado, wanting to learn Python 3.3.3. Trying to keep my brain active so signed up for a Python Course.

Problem is I'm having one "H" of a time getting Eclipse installed. I finally solved the initial problem getting Java installed. It's now installed to c:\Eclipse\jre The instructions I received said to install there.

Now when I click on Eclipse to install I get the message - Failed to load the JNI shared library C:\Eclipse\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll...However when I check into the folder the jvm.dll file (ver 24.51..0.3) is there. HHmmm! It's exactly where it's supposed to be.

So I'm needing help with getting Eclipse properly installed. I'm getting close but need help. By the way I use Windows 8.1 My Eclipse install file Eclipse Standard 4.3.1 Keplar. file size 199mg

My sincerest thanks for your help.
Re: How to get Eclipse Installed [message #1232817 is a reply to message #1232435] Fri, 17 January 2014 20:49 Go to previous message
Loy Banks is currently offline Loy BanksFriend
Please disregard this inquiry. I've figured it out. Thanks.
Previous Topic:Links in Eclipse help for RCP applications
Next Topic:[Solved] How do I use alternative keystore and truststore providers when using Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:59:25 GMT 2024