Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » What is the correct configuration to use GSON inside a Applet implementing with eclipse (Kepler)(How to Eclipse (Kepler) + Applet + Gson???)
What is the correct configuration to use GSON inside a Applet implementing with eclipse (Kepler) [message #1231864] Wed, 15 January 2014 15:39
Pablo Ernesto Vigneaux Wilton is currently offline Pablo Ernesto Vigneaux WiltonFriend
First I want to say I am beginner in Java / Web development (but with great experience in programming and analysis). I search several surveys in several locations, not finding a solution to the problem that I think is configuration.

The story: I implemented an Applet that uses javax.smartcardio for the ATR, this works fine without any problems! This applet must "transmit" the collected information to a web page that uses javascript (inside the script of this page), I opted to pass the information in json format and chose Gson for this... Running the applet inside the IDE this works fine!!! Running inside the browser (local IIS 7.5 server) this not work, showme a error: "Uncaught Error: java.lang.InvocationTargetException".

In first time I saw that the IIS log showed the following line: 2014-01-14 02:42:35 127.0.0.1 GET /com/google/gson/Gson.class - 80 - 127.0.0.1 Mozilla/4.0+(Windows+7+6.1)+Java/1.7.0_45 404 0 2 2

Looking at the contents of the JAR file I could see that the missing gson jar files...

I found that should put the files into WEB-INF \ lib directory of the project, it did not exist and Deployment Assembly also not too ... To fix this, I changed Project Facet (add Dynamic Web Module).

Now there is a folder: WebContent \ WEB-INF \ lib I copied and pasted the three files from the explorer windows Gson ... I added the files in deplyment Assembly and now they are in the exported JAR file but the same error keeps happening.

Note: There NOT is a security problem, the applet is signed, after removing gson functions and my method return the ATR code (string) directly the applet works fine.

Any step by step tutorial to "install" for it???

Thanks in advance!

index.php/fa/17255/0/

index.php/fa/17256/0/

index.php/fa/17257/0/
Previous Topic:GUI lockup when debugging ComboBoxes
Next Topic:Links in Eclipse help for RCP applications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:35:53 GMT 2024