Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Migrating old style ('@') parameters to ? style
Migrating old style ('@') parameters to ? style [message #1231106] Mon, 13 January 2014 21:16 Go to next message
Brandon RaperFriend
Hello,

I am trying to explain an anomaly that is occurring on our system. Our current version is Indigo with BIRT 3.7.1 / Java 1.6 ...

We have BIRT reports developed some time ago where the input parameters are of the ('@SOMETHING') type. For whatever the reasons that be that I am not privy to, the new preferred method is to create parameters with the ? syntax.

For the most part this is fine, but I am running up against a condition where when the old @PARAM is passed a %, the result set includes NULL rows.

The current ? style omits NULL results when passed %. I believe this to be the correct result.

Would anyone have an idea as to why that @ style includes nulls when passed '%'? I tried to look to see if this was a bug that was fixed at some point but I was unable to locate anything useful.

Thanks
BR

Re: Migrating old style ('@') parameters to ? style [message #1231495 is a reply to message #1231106] Tue, 14 January 2014 20:31 Go to previous message
Brandon RaperFriend
I have a little more data regarding versions... The original reports were written in Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.3.2.r232_20090202 and the new ones are being created in Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 3.7.1.v20110905

Apparently the parameter bindings on the old version appear in the script portion of the Outline window and are of the ODA Data Set > beforeOpen ... uh .. type? Its contents are something like this...
queryText = queryText.replace("@VALUE",params["Value"]);
Previous Topic:Error setting parameter to procedures with output parameter
Next Topic:Duplicated rows information on a Cross Tab with parent object List
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:04:56 GMT 2024