Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » extension points(how to add a {menu,button,...} to perform some action on the model being designed in the BPMN 2.0 Modeler?)
icon5.gif  extension points [message #1228215] Mon, 06 January 2014 17:34 Go to next message
Pascal Poizat is currently offline Pascal PoizatFriend
Hello

I am involved in a project on the analysis of BPMN 2.0 choreographies.
(pagesperso-systeme.lip6.fr/Pascal.Poizat/documents/publications/GPSD13.pdf)

Users can design choreographies using the BPMN 2.0 modeler and then we « transform » the BPMN model into different formal models in order to perform verification.

For the time being, all of our tools are stand-alone tools (some in Java, other in Python) that are called from the Eclipse IDE using the external tools mechanism (not so nice ... but we chose this architecture initially because it was simple and quick to "develop").

I was wondering if there was some extension points in the BPMN 2.0 editor that could be used instead of the external tools in the BPMN2 modeler.

I looked at this some time ago, with a much older version of the BPMN2 modeler (at that time using Git was mandatory to have it running), and there was none.
If not, is there some plan to have one ? Should one use extension points of Grafiti or Eclipse instead ?

Typical "Hello World style" scenario :
1) I edit a BPMN 2.0 choreography model
2) I click on a "hello" button
3) I get the number of choreography task instances in the model

I searched first in the forum if there was a reference to « extension » but there seem to be none. Hence this new topic.

Thanks a lot for your very nice work on the editor and the metamodel implementation, which indeed is what I use when transforming BPMN into formal models.

Regards,

Pascal
Re: extension points [message #1228246 is a reply to message #1228215] Mon, 06 January 2014 19:16 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Pascal,

Am I correct in assuming that you want to extend the BPMN2 Modeler with your own context menu or main menu actions? If so, have a look at the org.eclipse.ui.menus extension point used in the UI plugin.xml

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Bob
Previous Topic:Version 1.0.1 is now available
Next Topic:Custom Task creation name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:05:21 GMT 2024