Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » trying to add GMF plugin
trying to add GMF plugin [message #199228] Mon, 28 July 2008 13:02 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: claude.dutreilly.imag.fr

hello,

I'm using Eclipse SDK v 3.3.1 linux, (M20070921-1145) on which I'm trying
to install the GMF plugin.
I used the "zip" method as describe on the web site (ie "unzipped" the
gmf-sdk-2.1.0, and moved the "features/" and "plugins/" files to the right
place (I mean under /eclipse/3.3/features/ and plugins/)

I re-launch "eclipse" but le GMF plugins doesn't appears in the Menu: File
-> New -> Other , as sbdy told me it should appears there (? is it true ?)

What's wrong with my Eclipse GMF plugin ?

thanks

claude
Re: trying to add GMF plugin [message #199251 is a reply to message #199228] Mon, 28 July 2008 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Gronback is currently offline Richard GronbackFriend
Messages: 605
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Did you also unzip all of GMF's dependencies into your eclipse installation
(e.g. EMF, GEF, EMF Transaction, etc.)


On 7/28/08 9:02 AM, in article
4fbf8e1e12f139b2827647b6176ac47e$1@www.eclipse.org, "claude dutreilly"
<claude.dutreilly@imag.fr> wrote:

> hello,
>
> I'm using Eclipse SDK v 3.3.1 linux, (M20070921-1145) on which I'm trying
> to install the GMF plugin.
> I used the "zip" method as describe on the web site (ie "unzipped" the
> gmf-sdk-2.1.0, and moved the "features/" and "plugins/" files to the right
> place (I mean under /eclipse/3.3/features/ and plugins/)
>
> I re-launch "eclipse" but le GMF plugins doesn't appears in the Menu: File
> -> New -> Other , as sbdy told me it should appears there (? is it true ?)
>
> What's wrong with my Eclipse GMF plugin ?
>
> thanks
>
> claude
>
>
>
Re: trying to add GMF plugin [message #199259 is a reply to message #199251] Mon, 28 July 2008 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: claude.dutreilly.imag.fr

Richard Gronback wrote:

> Did you also unzip all of GMF's dependencies into your eclipse installation
> (e.g. EMF, GEF, EMF Transaction, etc.)

no, I don't.Only EMFfile:emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.4.0

But do I need to install these dependencies according to my "old" Eclipse
? (or get all new GMF and dependencies), and if so, where can I get them ?

claude

> On 7/28/08 9:02 AM, in article
> 4fbf8e1e12f139b2827647b6176ac47e$1@www.eclipse.org, "claude dutreilly"
> <claude.dutreilly@imag.fr> wrote:

>> hello,
>>
>> I'm using Eclipse SDK v 3.3.1 linux, (M20070921-1145) on which I'm trying
>> to install the GMF plugin.
>> I used the "zip" method as describe on the web site (ie "unzipped" the
>> gmf-sdk-2.1.0, and moved the "features/" and "plugins/" files to the right
>> place (I mean under /eclipse/3.3/features/ and plugins/)
>>
>> I re-launch "eclipse" but le GMF plugins doesn't appears in the Menu: File
>> -> New -> Other , as sbdy told me it should appears there (? is it true ?)
>>
>> What's wrong with my Eclipse GMF plugin ?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> claude
>>
>>
>>
Re: trying to add GMF plugin [message #199266 is a reply to message #199259] Mon, 28 July 2008 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Gronback is currently offline Richard GronbackFriend
Messages: 605
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, you'll need to install all dependencies. You should be using the 3.4
platform SDK if you want to use GMF 2.1 and EMF 2.4. There are links to
dependencies from the download page, or you can use the preconfigured Europa
(3.3) or Ganymede (3.4) update sites to obtain them all.

- Rich


On 7/28/08 9:23 AM, in article
3040e211aa74a0de8cfce3f1211252e5$1@www.eclipse.org, "claude dutreilly"
<claude.dutreilly@imag.fr> wrote:

> Richard Gronback wrote:
>
>> Did you also unzip all of GMF's dependencies into your eclipse installation
>> (e.g. EMF, GEF, EMF Transaction, etc.)
>
> no, I don't.Only EMFfile:emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.4.0
>
> But do I need to install these dependencies according to my "old" Eclipse
> ? (or get all new GMF and dependencies), and if so, where can I get them ?
>
> claude
>
>> On 7/28/08 9:02 AM, in article
>> 4fbf8e1e12f139b2827647b6176ac47e$1@www.eclipse.org, "claude dutreilly"
>> <claude.dutreilly@imag.fr> wrote:
>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using Eclipse SDK v 3.3.1 linux, (M20070921-1145) on which I'm trying
>>> to install the GMF plugin.
>>> I used the "zip" method as describe on the web site (ie "unzipped" the
>>> gmf-sdk-2.1.0, and moved the "features/" and "plugins/" files to the right
>>> place (I mean under /eclipse/3.3/features/ and plugins/)
>>>
>>> I re-launch "eclipse" but le GMF plugins doesn't appears in the Menu: File
>>> -> New -> Other , as sbdy told me it should appears there (? is it true ?)
>>>
>>> What's wrong with my Eclipse GMF plugin ?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> claude
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
Re: trying to add GMF plugin [message #199274 is a reply to message #199266] Mon, 28 July 2008 14:18 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: claude.dutreilly.imag.fr

Richard Gronback wrote:

> Yes, you'll need to install all dependencies. You should be using the 3.4
> platform SDK if you want to use GMF 2.1 and EMF 2.4. There are links to
> dependencies from the download page, or you can use the preconfigured Europa
> (3.3) or Ganymede (3.4) update sites to obtain them all.

ok,

I'll try this.
I understand that I was doing *wrong" things mixing GMF 2.1 and EMF 2.4
with Eclipse 3.3

regards

Claude
Previous Topic:about getPrimaryDragEditPolicy()
Next Topic:Diagram configuration option
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jun 06 11:55:24 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01924 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top