Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » working with org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench (Manipulating Scout's RAP Workbench)
working with org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench [message #1224772] Fri, 27 December 2013 18:44 Go to next message
André Morais is currently offline André MoraisFriend
When trying to manipulate Scout's RAP Workbench I'm able to render a View from a RCP external project but the scout loading page also appears.

So I came across with a similar implementation when I found out org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench project
However I've got the same result.

Have anyone tried or have the knowledge to use this API?
Re: working with org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench [message #1228206 is a reply to message #1224772] Mon, 06 January 2014 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi André

The scout loading page is always there, but normally you only see it during startup. Afterwards it's hidden by the root shell of the application.

You can also see this on a pure rap side. Check the html code and you should find the loading.gif.
http://rap.eclipsesource.com/rapdemo/examples#input

I see two options: Either remove or exchange the loading page or make sure your main application window/shell is always maximized. The loading page is set by the extension point org.eclipse.rap.ui.branding, check out the plugin.xml.

Regarding the org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench project: This plugin was more or less a proof of concept and has never been used productive, hence it will be deprecated for Scout 3.10 and deleted with Scout 3.11. Feel free to copy some code if you need it, but we cannot guarantee it works.

Regards
Claudio
Re: working with org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench [message #1228231 is a reply to message #1228206] Mon, 06 January 2014 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Claudio,

Yes I've now tried to remove part of the branding and it worked fine.

Now I'm just trying to find out how the maximize the view programatically because the extension points don't allow me to add a perspectiveExtension like in pure RCP.

Thanks for your help and clarification,

André
Re: working with org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.rap.workbench [message #1228496 is a reply to message #1228231] Tue, 07 January 2014 10:56 Go to previous message
Hi Claudio,

@Override
public void postWindowOpen() {
getWindowConfigurer().getWindow().getShell().setFullScreen(true);
}

Worked fine for me. Now I have a full imported RCP View in my Scout Project rendered by RAP.

Thanks again for the help!
Previous Topic:Legacy security hint for
Next Topic:Status Bar with Progress Bar example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:37:39 GMT 2024