Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » How to enter rich text
How to enter rich text [message #1221545] Tue, 17 December 2013 23:37 Go to next message
Vadim Peretokin is currently offline Vadim PeretokinFriend
Hi,

I've created an XHTML datatype, and then a SpecObject property with my XHTML type. However, I'm not seeing an obvious way to edit the rich text now - both the properties editor and the table in the document tab only accept plain text. Adding in XHTML tags by hand doesn't work - adding <br> and saving it gives you a &lt;br/>, saving that again gives you a &amp;lt;br/>, then &amp;amp;lt;br/> and you get the idea.

How is it intended that xhtml content is to be added?
Re: How to enter rich text [message #1221577 is a reply to message #1221545] Wed, 18 December 2013 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've added RTF presentation for my XHTML type, which gives me a rich text editor - but I still can't add newlines. Pressing enter saves it, as well as doing shift+enter.

Using the Rich Text editor also changed the texts font size on me, and the rich text editor doesn't seem to have obvious buttons to change the text font: http ://i.imgur.com/ICWDzQ0.png

[Updated on: Wed, 18 December 2013 01:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to enter rich text [message #1221670 is a reply to message #1221577] Wed, 18 December 2013 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Vadim

Quote:
I'm not seeing an obvious way to edit the rich text now

Looks like you already found the solution to this one. Smile

Quote:
but I still can't add newlines.

This is a known bug. As a workaround, you can insert newlines by pasting them (e.g. from a plain text editor).

Quote:
Using the Rich Text editor also changed the texts font size on me

This is also known. In some scenarios, there is some strange reformatting going on.

We have these issues in our bug database (not the one from Eclipse, as these are proprietary extensions). There will be a new release of the Essentials when ProR 0.10.0 is released (end of January) - with some luck, these issues will be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best, Michael
Re: How to enter rich text [message #1221692 is a reply to message #1221670] Wed, 18 December 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Ladenberger is currently offline Lukas LadenbergerFriend
Quote:
but I still can't add newlines.

You can add new lines with the key combination CTRL + ENTER (i.e. the Enter of the NUMBLOCK)
Re: How to enter rich text [message #1221715 is a reply to message #1221692] Wed, 18 December 2013 09:29 Go to previous message
OK, thanks!
Previous Topic:Multiple presentation options per datatype?
Next Topic:XML schema validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:59:37 GMT 2024