Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ?
icon9.gif  Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221346] Tue, 17 December 2013 13:35 Go to next message
Fabrice MAUPIN is currently offline Fabrice MAUPINFriend
Hello everybody,

My configuration is :
Eclipse Luna 4.4
JDK 8
SQLite-JDBC 3.7.15-M1
Windows XP SP3

I have a "big" problem with Eclipse and JDBC !

I launch my application ("run" on Eclipse) : processing... no problem - my data are up to date in database - ok.

When i re-launch my application, i noticed that the modified data were not taken into account : Eclipse kept the first version of the data !

The cache of the data (apparently (?) managed by Eclipse for statements of JDBC) seems not to be updated during "read" or "update" statements. Sad

I am obliged to make manually one "project clean..." and to re-launch my application to be certain that my data are up to date !!! Mad

Is it possible to disable in Eclipse the JDBC - caching ?

Can one make it possibly in Java ?

if you have a idea...

Thanks you in advance

Fabrice

Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221383 is a reply to message #1221346] Tue, 17 December 2013 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
What type of application are you launching? If you are launching a Java application, Eclipse launches the program in a separate process using a separate JVM. Eclipse has no control over any cache managed by a launched Java application. Any cache would have to be managed by your own program or the DBMS you are using.
Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221386 is a reply to message #1221383] Tue, 17 December 2013 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I launch a JavaFx Application...
Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221389 is a reply to message #1221386] Tue, 17 December 2013 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first launch ("run" on Eclipse) :

SELECT * FROM mytable

UPDATE mytable SET ...

the data are up to date (commit in my database)

second launch ("run on Eclipse) :

SELECT * FROM mytable

the data are not up to date !

Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221390 is a reply to message #1221386] Tue, 17 December 2013 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is the same as a Java application and what I wrote still pertains. You will need to figure out what in your program or the DBMS is holding on to the old data.
Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221394 is a reply to message #1221390] Tue, 17 December 2013 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If Eclipse is not for anything in my problem how to explain that a "clean project..." before "run" solves the problem ?

Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221396 is a reply to message #1221394] Tue, 17 December 2013 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first launch ("run" on Eclipse) :

SELECT * FROM mytable

UPDATE mytable SET ...

the data are up to date (commit in my database)

second launch ("run on Eclipse) :

SELECT * FROM mytable

the data are not up to date !

As you can see, on no account i get back old data !

Re: Eclipse Luna / SQLite / JDBC : how to disable the cache ? [message #1221427 is a reply to message #1221396] Tue, 17 December 2013 17:21 Go to previous message
A project clean will delete what is in your output folder. This would include any files created when you ran your application which could include any cache files that get created. You seem to be confusing Eclipse the IDE which you interact with during development time with the third party libraries you are running against at run time. SQLite is not an Eclipse product. If you are having problems with SQLite, you need to pursue the support channels available for that product.
Previous Topic:changing "eclipse projects" folder location
Next Topic:Intelligent IDE / Feature Clean up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:37:17 GMT 2024