Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Is there a way to stop a running ATL transformation {and, or} return something to the launcher?
Is there a way to stop a running ATL transformation {and, or} return something to the launcher? [message #1220794] Fri, 13 December 2013 15:43 Go to next message
Daniele G is currently offline Daniele GFriend
Is there a way to stop a running ATL transformation {and, or} return something to the launcher?

Consider the following scenario: I am running an ATL transformation within a java code, and my ATL transformation has a rule like this:
rule haltingRule {
    from
        s: MMA!TypeA (s.name.startsWith('A'))
    to
        tempd: MMB!TypeB
    do {
        -- code to stop and return a value to the caller?
    }
}
Is it somehow possible?
Re: Is there a way to stop a running ATL transformation {and, or} return something to the launcher? [message #1220795 is a reply to message #1220794] Fri, 13 December 2013 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

No, transformations are elementary units to be fully run.
The usual practice is to split your transformation into a chain of (smaller) transformations and to ask for user feedback if needed between them.
Such user feedback can be provided to the next transformation (as one of its inputs) via a simple model (considering a generic metamodel like XML for instance).

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Is there a way to stop a running ATL transformation {and, or} return something to the launcher? [message #1220991 is a reply to message #1220795] Mon, 16 December 2013 14:39 Go to previous message
Daniele G is currently offline Daniele GFriend
Great hint, thank you!

Basically i'm working on a simple "merge-transformation" where, given two models (IM1,IM2) conforming to the same metamodel MM, i want to produce an output model OM such that if i have two instances (of the same class) with the same name, I ask the user if he wants to merge them or not.

So the idea is to fill an XML "parameters" file with these duplicates; then iterate through each one of them asking the user if he wants to merge them, mark them in the XML itself and run the merge-transformation again.

Too much complicated? Any hints about the approach?

Previous Topic:Running an ATL Transformation from Java
Next Topic:Issue when helper does not match equivalent elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:15:31 GMT 2024