Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model
[CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1220515] Thu, 12 December 2013 10:00 Go to next message
Dominik Leszyk is currently offline Dominik LeszykFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: December 2013
Junior Member
Hi all,

I've tried to create a new resource in the CDO repository using UI tooling. The workflow looks like this:


  1. Create model using Xcore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore)
  2. Convert it to Ecore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore#Converting_an_Xcore_Model_to_a_GenModel)
  3. Start CDO Server (use CDO Master Server Example)
  4. Open the session (using CDO Sessions view)
  5. Register Ecore file generated from Xcore in the repository (Package Registry in context menu)
  6. Start a new transaction for the opened session
  7. Create a new resource and add a new object on the base of model created from Xcore
  8. When trying to commit the change (ctrl+s in the editor) I got an exception:


Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.checkCrossResourceURIs(CDOModelUtil.java:630)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.writePackage(CDOModelUtil.java:596)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.common.model.CDOPackageUnitImpl.write(CDOPackageUnitImpl.java:270)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.common.protocol.CDODataOutputImpl.writeCDOPackageUnit(CDODataOutputImpl.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requestingCommit(CommitTransactionRequest.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requesting(CommitTransactionRequest.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.requesting(CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.requesting(RequestWithMonitoring.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExtendedOutput(RequestWithConfirmation.java:119)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:298)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExecute(RequestWithConfirmation.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.doExecute(RequestWithMonitoring.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalActor.execute(SignalActor.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:253)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.startSignal(SignalProtocol.java:442)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doSend(RequestWithConfirmation.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.send(RequestWithConfirmation.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.send(RequestWithMonitoring.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.send(CDOClientProtocol.java:518)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.commitTransaction(CDOClientProtocol.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.DelegatingSessionProtocol.commitTransaction(DelegatingSessionProtocol.java:292)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.commit(CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commitSynced(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1219)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1184)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)


Please also refer to my yesterday's post with the similar (exact?) problem in Texo and the answer from Ed Merks (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/628257/).

Should I report it to the bugzilla?

Cheers,
Dominik
Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1220539 is a reply to message #1220515] Thu, 12 December 2013 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31770
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Dominik,

Eike will need to have a look at this, but it's the same kind of issue.
With Xtext it's important to consistently use platform:/resource URIs so
that they resolve properly to the development time resources in the
target platform.

On 12/12/2013 11:00 AM, Dominik Leszyk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to create a new resource in the CDO repository using UI
> tooling. The workflow looks like this:
>
>
> Create model using Xcore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore)
> Convert it to Ecore
> (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore#Converting_an_Xcore_Model_to_a_GenModel)
> Start CDO Server (use CDO Master Server Example)
> Open the session (using CDO Sessions view)
> Register Ecore file generated from Xcore in the repository (Package
> Registry in context menu)
> Start a new transaction for the opened session
> Create a new resource and add a new object on the base of model
> created from Xcore
> When trying to commit the change (ctrl+s in the editor) I got an
> exception:
>
>
>
> Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy
> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Package 'org.sample.help.profile'
> contains unresolved proxy
> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.checkCrossResourceURIs(CDOModelUtil.java:630)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.writePackage(CDOModelUtil.java:596)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.common.model.CDOPackageUnitImpl.write(CDOPackageUnitImpl.java:270)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.common.protocol.CDODataOutputImpl.writeCDOPackageUnit(CDODataOutputImpl.java:92)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requestingCommit(CommitTransactionRequest.java:159)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requesting(CommitTransactionRequest.java:128)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.requesting(CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.java:92)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.requesting(RequestWithMonitoring.java:165)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExtendedOutput(RequestWithConfirmation.java:119)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:298)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExecute(RequestWithConfirmation.java:104)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.doExecute(RequestWithMonitoring.java:235)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalActor.execute(SignalActor.java:53)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:253)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.startSignal(SignalProtocol.java:442)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doSend(RequestWithConfirmation.java:89)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.send(RequestWithConfirmation.java:75)
> at
> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.send(RequestWithMonitoring.java:110)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.send(CDOClientProtocol.java:518)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.commitTransaction(CDOClientProtocol.java:393)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.DelegatingSessionProtocol.commitTransaction(DelegatingSessionProtocol.java:292)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.commit(CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.java:72)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commitSynced(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1219)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1184)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
>
>
> Please also refer to my yesterday's post with the similar (exact?)
> problem in Texo and the answer from Ed Merks
> (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/628257/).
> Should I report it to the bugzilla?
>
> Cheers,
> Dominik


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1227493 is a reply to message #1220515] Sat, 04 January 2014 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6538
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 12.12.2013 11:00, schrieb Dominik Leszyk:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to create a new resource in the CDO repository using UI tooling. The workflow looks like this:
>
>
> Create model using Xcore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore)
> Convert it to Ecore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore#Converting_an_Xcore_Model_to_a_GenModel)
> Start CDO Server (use CDO Master Server Example)
> Open the session (using CDO Sessions view)
> Register Ecore file generated from Xcore in the repository (Package Registry in context menu)
With CDO it's not recommended to use models with nsURIs that only have a local meaning. Can't you generate that model
and deploy it to your clients?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


> Start a new transaction for the opened session
> Create a new resource and add a new object on the base of model created from Xcore
> When trying to commit the change (ctrl+s in the editor) I got an exception:
>
>
>
> Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy
> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy
> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.checkCrossResourceURIs(CDOModelUtil.java:630)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.writePackage(CDOModelUtil.java:596)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.common.model.CDOPackageUnitImpl.write(CDOPackageUnitImpl.java:270)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.common.protocol.CDODataOutputImpl.writeCDOPackageUnit(CDODataOutputImpl.java:92)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requestingCommit(CommitTransactionRequest.java:159)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requesting(CommitTransactionRequest.java:128)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.requesting(CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.java:92)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.requesting(RequestWithMonitoring.java:165)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExtendedOutput(RequestWithConfirmation.java:119)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:298)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExecute(RequestWithConfirmation.java:104)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.doExecute(RequestWithMonitoring.java:235)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalActor.execute(SignalActor.java:53)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:253)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.startSignal(SignalProtocol.java:442)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doSend(RequestWithConfirmation.java:89)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.send(RequestWithConfirmation.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.send(RequestWithMonitoring.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.send(CDOClientProtocol.java:518)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.commitTransaction(CDOClientProtocol.java:393)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.DelegatingSessionProtocol.commitTransaction(DelegatingSessionProtocol.java:292)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.commit(CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.java:72)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commitSynced(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1219)
> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1184)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
>
>
> Please also refer to my yesterday's post with the similar (exact?) problem in Texo and the answer from Ed Merks
> (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/628257/).
> Should I report it to the bugzilla?
>
> Cheers,
> Dominik


Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1227767 is a reply to message #1227493] Sun, 05 January 2014 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31770
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I'm not sure of all the details but it sounds like he's trying to
register a development time version of the model and that will in
general contain references to other develop time models. How are those
registered? Should
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845)
be ensuring that all the referenced models in the workspace are
transmitted at once?


On 04/01/2014 6:52 PM, Eike Stepper wrote:
> Am 12.12.2013 11:00, schrieb Dominik Leszyk:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've tried to create a new resource in the CDO repository using UI
>> tooling. The workflow looks like this:
>>
>>
>> Create model using Xcore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore)
>> Convert it to Ecore
>> (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore#Converting_an_Xcore_Model_to_a_GenModel)
>> Start CDO Server (use CDO Master Server Example)
>> Open the session (using CDO Sessions view)
>> Register Ecore file generated from Xcore in the repository (Package
>> Registry in context menu)
> With CDO it's not recommended to use models with nsURIs that only have
> a local meaning. Can't you generate that model and deploy it to your
> clients?
>
> Cheers
> /Eike
>
> ----
> http://www.esc-net.de
> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>
>
>> Start a new transaction for the opened session
>> Create a new resource and add a new object on the base of model
>> created from Xcore
>> When trying to commit the change (ctrl+s in the editor) I got an
>> exception:
>>
>>
>>
>> Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy
>> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Package 'org.sample.help.profile'
>> contains unresolved proxy
>> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.checkCrossResourceURIs(CDOModelUtil.java:630)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.writePackage(CDOModelUtil.java:596)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.common.model.CDOPackageUnitImpl.write(CDOPackageUnitImpl.java:270)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.common.protocol.CDODataOutputImpl.writeCDOPackageUnit(CDODataOutputImpl.java:92)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requestingCommit(CommitTransactionRequest.java:159)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requesting(CommitTransactionRequest.java:128)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.requesting(CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.java:92)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.requesting(RequestWithMonitoring.java:165)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExtendedOutput(RequestWithConfirmation.java:119)
>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:298)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExecute(RequestWithConfirmation.java:104)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.doExecute(RequestWithMonitoring.java:235)
>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalActor.execute(SignalActor.java:53)
>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:253)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.startSignal(SignalProtocol.java:442)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doSend(RequestWithConfirmation.java:89)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.send(RequestWithConfirmation.java:75)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.send(RequestWithMonitoring.java:110)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.send(CDOClientProtocol.java:518)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.commitTransaction(CDOClientProtocol.java:393)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.DelegatingSessionProtocol.commitTransaction(DelegatingSessionProtocol.java:292)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.commit(CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.java:72)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commitSynced(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1219)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1184)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845)
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
>>
>>
>> Please also refer to my yesterday's post with the similar (exact?)
>> problem in Texo and the answer from Ed Merks
>> (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/628257/).
>> Should I report it to the bugzilla?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dominik
>


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1228235 is a reply to message #1227767] Mon, 06 January 2014 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6538
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 05.01.2014 15:00, schrieb Ed Merks:
> I'm not sure of all the details but it sounds like he's trying to register a development time version of the model and
> that will in general contain references to other develop time models. How are those registered? Should
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845) be ensuring that all the referenced
> models in the workspace are transmitted at once?

I've fixed something in RegisterWorkspacePackagesAction:

424956: [UI] Problem with Xcore models in RegisterWorkspacePackagesAction
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=424956

But I have no Xcore to play with it. Dominik, can you report on that bug if it fixes the problem for you?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
>
> On 04/01/2014 6:52 PM, Eike Stepper wrote:
>> Am 12.12.2013 11:00, schrieb Dominik Leszyk:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've tried to create a new resource in the CDO repository using UI tooling. The workflow looks like this:
>>>
>>>
>>> Create model using Xcore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore)
>>> Convert it to Ecore (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Xcore#Converting_an_Xcore_Model_to_a_GenModel)
>>> Start CDO Server (use CDO Master Server Example)
>>> Open the session (using CDO Sessions view)
>>> Register Ecore file generated from Xcore in the repository (Package Registry in context menu)
>> With CDO it's not recommended to use models with nsURIs that only have a local meaning. Can't you generate that model
>> and deploy it to your clients?
>>
>> Cheers
>> /Eike
>>
>> ----
>> http://www.esc-net.de
>> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
>> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>>
>>
>>> Start a new transaction for the opened session
>>> Create a new resource and add a new object on the base of model created from Xcore
>>> When trying to commit the change (ctrl+s in the editor) I got an exception:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy
>>> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Package 'org.sample.help.profile' contains unresolved proxy
>>> 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString'
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.checkCrossResourceURIs(CDOModelUtil.java:630)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.writePackage(CDOModelUtil.java:596)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.common.model.CDOPackageUnitImpl.write(CDOPackageUnitImpl.java:270)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.common.protocol.CDODataOutputImpl.writeCDOPackageUnit(CDODataOutputImpl.java:92)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requestingCommit(CommitTransactionRequest.java:159)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requesting(CommitTransactionRequest.java:128)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.requesting(CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.java:92)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.requesting(RequestWithMonitoring.java:165)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExtendedOutput(RequestWithConfirmation.java:119)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:298)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExecute(RequestWithConfirmation.java:104)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.doExecute(RequestWithMonitoring.java:235)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalActor.execute(SignalActor.java:53)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:253)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.startSignal(SignalProtocol.java:442)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doSend(RequestWithConfirmation.java:89)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.send(RequestWithConfirmation.java:75)
>>> at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.send(RequestWithMonitoring.java:110)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.send(CDOClientProtocol.java:518)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.commitTransaction(CDOClientProtocol.java:393)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.DelegatingSessionProtocol.commitTransaction(DelegatingSessionProtocol.java:292)
>>> at
>>> org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.commit(CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.java:72)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commitSynced(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1219)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1184)
>>> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1845)
>>> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
>>>
>>>
>>> Please also refer to my yesterday's post with the similar (exact?) problem in Texo and the answer from Ed Merks
>>> (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/628257/).
>>> Should I report it to the bugzilla?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dominik
>>
>


Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1229321 is a reply to message #1220515] Thu, 09 January 2014 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Leszyk is currently offline Dominik LeszykFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: December 2013
Junior Member
Hi Eike,

I would be glad to help with testing. However the last integration build that I found (on http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/cdo/updates/integration/weekly/index.html) is from 20140105-1339 and your commit seems to be younger (2014-01-06). As far as I understand I would need to wait for the next weekly build.

I am a newbie to the modeling and I've just started playing with various Eclipse modeling technologies (EMF, Xcore, CDO...). Currently I can't answer the question from your post or relate to Ed's post. The only thing is that I would expect models created with Xcore to work with CDO repository exactly the same as models created directly with the EMF tooling. And this is currently not the case.

Cheers,
Dominik
Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1229329 is a reply to message #1229321] Thu, 09 January 2014 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6538
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 09.01.2014 08:40, schrieb Dominik Leszyk:
> Hi Eike,
>
> I would be glad to help with testing. However the last integration build that I found (on
> http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/cdo/updates/integration/weekly/index.html) is from 20140105-1339 and your
> commit seems to be younger (2014-01-06). As far as I understand I would need to wait for the next weekly build.
I-builds are always promoted on Fridays. You can always update your target platform from
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/emf-cdo-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact , which is the nightly p2
repository of CDO integration.

> I am a newbie to the modeling and I've just started playing with various Eclipse modeling technologies (EMF, Xcore,
> CDO...). Currently I can't answer the question from your post or relate to Ed's post. The only thing is that I would
> expect models created with Xcore to work with CDO repository exactly the same as models created directly with the EMF
> tooling. And this is currently not the case.
I haven't used Xcore, yet. Is the Genmodel automatically induced with Xcore? You should be able to set the needed
Genmodel properties somewhere in the Xcore code of your model (annotations?). Then it's best to use the generated model
plugin on the CDO client's classpath.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1230892 is a reply to message #1229329] Mon, 13 January 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paweł Doleciński is currently offline Paweł DolecińskiFriend
Messages: 44
Registered: January 2014
Member
Hi all,

I am playing with the same stuff right now.

Eike, I've checked your fix and it does not work.
One problem is with XCore itself that generated ecore has paths like: eType="ecore:EDataType ../../org.eclipse.emf.ecore/model/Ecore.ecore#//EString"
But anyway, let say, I created two standard ecore models: My.ecore and My1.ecore, with one class MyClass in 1st model and with one class My2Class in 2nd model, and has
My2Class extends MyClass. Then I opened a standalone CDOExplorer and tried to register model from filesystem. With the 1st one, of course, there was no problem.
With the 2nd one too, I could register it. But then I could not commit a instance of class from 2nd model.

Got this error:
URI of the resource (file:/C:/work/projects/demo/bundles/test/model/My.ecore) does not match the nsURI (test.com) of the top-level package;
this can be fixed by calling Resource.setURI(URI) after loading the packages,
or by configuring a URI mapping from nsURI's to location URI's before loading the packages,
and then loading them with their nsURI's
java.lang.IllegalStateException: URI of the resource (file:/C:/work/projects/demo/bundles/test/model/My.ecore) does not match the nsURI (test.com) of the top-level package;
this can be fixed by calling Resource.setURI(URI) after loading the packages,
or by configuring a URI mapping from nsURI's to location URI's before loading the packages,
and then loading them with their nsURI's
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.checkCrossResourceURIs(CDOModelUtil.java:712)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.model.CDOModelUtil.writePackage(CDOModelUtil.java:630)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.common.model.CDOPackageUnitImpl.write(CDOPackageUnitImpl.java:270)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.common.protocol.CDODataOutputImpl.writeCDOPackageUnit(CDODataOutputImpl.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requestingCommit(CommitTransactionRequest.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CommitTransactionRequest.requesting(CommitTransactionRequest.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.requesting(CDOClientRequestWithMonitoring.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.requesting(RequestWithMonitoring.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExtendedOutput(RequestWithConfirmation.java:119)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.doOutput(Signal.java:301)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doExecute(RequestWithConfirmation.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.doExecute(RequestWithMonitoring.java:235)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalActor.execute(SignalActor.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.Signal.runSync(Signal.java:256)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.SignalProtocol.startSignal(SignalProtocol.java:442)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.doSend(RequestWithConfirmation.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithConfirmation.send(RequestWithConfirmation.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.net4j.signal.RequestWithMonitoring.send(RequestWithMonitoring.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.send(CDOClientProtocol.java:538)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.net4j.protocol.CDOClientProtocol.commitTransaction(CDOClientProtocol.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.session.DelegatingSessionProtocol.commitTransaction(DelegatingSessionProtocol.java:295)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.commit(CDOSingleTransactionStrategyImpl.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commitSynced(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1237)
	at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.commit(CDOTransactionImpl.java:1206)
	at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.ui.editor.CDOEditor$22.run(CDOEditor.java:1909)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)


I am not so sure if simply using EcorePlugin.computePlatformURIMap(true) will fix the problem.
Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1230925 is a reply to message #1230892] Mon, 13 January 2014 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paweł Doleciński is currently offline Paweł DolecińskiFriend
Messages: 44
Registered: January 2014
Member
I've got one additional question. The whole discussion is about registering packages.
But what about creating new model in XCore and importing it as a resource. By this I mean creating new EClasses in resources without registering them. I know that ECore is a legacy model and so on, but still I've got such a case. When I import XCore resource to CDO I've got a lot of additional things, like Jvm Generic Type...
I could generate ECore from XCore and then import ecore, but it means, again, problem with resolving.
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Paweł.
Re: [CDO][Xcore] Can't create resource on the base of Xcore defined model [message #1231233 is a reply to message #1230925] Tue, 14 January 2014 05:45 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31770
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Pawel,

This combination of my not knowing what these tools Eike has are doing
and Eike not being familiar with Xcore isn't helping address your
question, but it seems to me that this approach of trying to register
the development time artifacts is a bit odd. Normally one works with
instances created from the generated model and one registers that
model's nsURI with the CDO server (and it's irrelevant whether that
generated code was generated using Xcore or just a GenModel).

On 13/01/2014 12:36 PM, Paweł Doleciński wrote:
> I've got one additional question. The whole discussion is about
> registering packages.
> But what about creating new model in XCore and importing it as a
> resource. By this I mean creating new EClasses in resources without
> registering them. I know that ECore is a legacy model and so on, but
> still I've got such a case. When I import XCore resource to CDO I've
> got a lot of additional things, like Jvm Generic Type...
> I could generate ECore from XCore and then import ecore, but it means,
> again, problem with resolving. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Paweł.


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[EMFStore] server scalability
Next Topic:[TEXO] Calling custom java methods from overriden templates
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Mar 01 08:07:36 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03020 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top