Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How To add Tabs to TabBox programmatically (Adding Tabs to TabBox)
How To add Tabs to TabBox programmatically [message #1219751] Thu, 05 December 2013 15:57 Go to next message
Uwe Hehn is currently offline Uwe HehnFriend
Hi!

I have a SplitBox with a TreeField on the left and a TabBox on the right.

I would like to add tabs to the TabBox as soon as the user double-clicks on the nodes of the tree (or open an already existing tab, for that matter)

How can this be achieved?

Thanx!

Uwe
Re: How To add Tabs to TabBox programmatically [message #1220267 is a reply to message #1219751] Tue, 10 December 2013 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
A typical approach with scout would be to hide and display the tabs...

The UI in Eclipse Scout is near to a declarative approach (e.g. you know all your UI elements when the form is loaded). You have a representation of your form that is instantiated when the form is opened and rendered in one of the UI. Because this approach was too restrictive, we have introduced new possibilities (like field injection) to provide more flexibility. For some use cases this is not enough...

I am not sure to understand what your use case is; it is difficult to tell what the possibilities are...
Re: How To add Tabs to TabBox programmatically [message #1220534 is a reply to message #1220267] Thu, 12 December 2013 12:04 Go to previous message
Uwe Hehn is currently offline Uwe HehnFriend
My use case is similar to Eclipse, when you click on a file in the Explorer, it opens up a new Editor Tab.

Likewise, I would like to add new Tabs to my TabBox when the user clicks on some nodes in my TreeField.

TreeField and TabBox live togheter in a SplitBox.
Previous Topic:Groovy support?
Next Topic:AbstractDoubleColumn: rounding decimal values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:02:11 GMT 2024