Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Change filename in 4.3.1
Change filename in 4.3.1 [message #1219644] Thu, 05 December 2013 08:04 Go to next message
Bastian Wagenfeld is currently offline Bastian WagenfeldFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to change the output filename of my reports dynamically. I've got an RCP with the 4.3.1 Webviewer. During my researches on this topic I found that one should use a class that implements the IFilenameGenerator interface and set this class in the web.xml of BIRT. Seems simple so far, but I'm not able to import the IFilenameGenerator class in my project, even if I add all BIRT-plugins to my project... the class won't be visible. Is there a different way to import the interface.

Or what would be even nicer: Is it possible to pass the filename as a parameter?

Best regards
Bastian
Re: Change filename in 4.3.1 [message #1220595 is a reply to message #1219644] Thu, 12 December 2013 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Take a look at this devshare, it has some sample code showing how to do this.
Re: Change filename in 4.3.1 [message #1220707 is a reply to message #1220595] Fri, 13 December 2013 08:41 Go to previous message
Bastian Wagenfeld is currently offline Bastian WagenfeldFriend
Hi Kristopher,

thanks for your answer, but this does not work for me. I placed the jar in the lib-folder and changed the web.xml. Adding the filename as an parameter to the URL doesn't have any effect. I thought it might be possible to write my own FilenameGenerator implementing the IFileNameGenerator interface, but as I said it won't get visible even if I import each of the BIRT plugins in my Eclipse folder. Is there a difference between BIRT 2.x versions and my BIRT 4.3.1 version?

Best regards
Bastian
Previous Topic:New Fonts PFM vs TTF
Next Topic:is there any script for own x- axis time and date labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:25:08 GMT 2024