Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Report Dynamic Mysql Database Name, user name and password in rptdesign files(i want to change mysql properties dynamically)
BIRT Report Dynamic Mysql Database Name, user name and password in rptdesign files [message #1219640] Thu, 05 December 2013 07:09 Go to next message
srinu vadapalli is currently offline srinu vadapalliFriend
hi
I'm new to birt report designing. i'm working on a project that using birt reports.
i created birt graphs and deployed them on Apache tomcat. till now all working fine

I've a doubt here.

my project is going to deploy on several machines that may contain mysql database with different
1. database name and port numbers
2. user name
3.passwords

my aim is i want to build a generic code such that work on any system. but i don't know how to change mysql properties in rptdesign file

i don't want to edit rptdesign files and replace new mysql db values

i want to store mysql properties in properties file . from that i want to change fields in rptdesign files..

<property name="odaDriverClass">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
<property name="odaURL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/qualitydashboard</property>
<property name="odaUser">root</property>
<encrypted-property name="odaPassword" encryptionID="base64">c3JpbnU=</encrypted-property>

is their any java api facilitates
editing and modifying rptdesign files ??

finally i want java code acts on rptdesign files and allows me access tags in file

srinu vadapalli
Re: BIRT Report Dynamic Mysql Database Name, user name and password in rptdesign files [message #1219765 is a reply to message #1219640] Thu, 05 December 2013 17:10 Go to previous message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Did you consider externalizing database information in a connection file? This way you wouldn't have to deal with java API. Have a look at this topic

I hope this helps
Previous Topic:Is it possible to import a database from teradata into BIRT?
Next Topic:Parameter with % value - showing and records with null values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:56:47 GMT 2024