Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Is it possible to import a database from teradata into BIRT?(BIRT)
Is it possible to import a database from teradata into BIRT? [message #1219512] Wed, 04 December 2013 11:26 Go to next message
Uchendu Nwachukwu is currently offline Uchendu NwachukwuFriend
Hello everybody

I'm looking for an alternative BI-Tool. So I would like to know if it's possible to import a database from teradata into birt.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer
Re: Is it possible to import a database from teradata into BIRT? [message #1219559 is a reply to message #1219512] Wed, 04 December 2013 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
BIRT generally queries an existing database and isn't a database in itself. So you couldn't "import" the teradata data into BIRT.

However, you could use BIRT to query and report on data stored in a teradata database.

One example thread where someone was trying to do this is located here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/47289/

It seems that BIRT can connect to terradata via a standard jdbc interface (although I don't have terradata and have never tested the connectivity).
Re: Is it possible to import a database from teradata into BIRT? [message #1219641 is a reply to message #1219559] Thu, 05 December 2013 07:18 Go to previous message
Uchendu Nwachukwu is currently offline Uchendu NwachukwuFriend
Thanks for the fast answer.

I'll try it Smile
Previous Topic:Is there a way for integrate the BIRT 4.3.1 runtime to Felix OSGI?
Next Topic:BIRT Report Dynamic Mysql Database Name, user name and password in rptdesign files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 05:49:59 GMT 2024