Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » There are errors evaluating script "maximoDataSet = MXReportDataSetProvider.create(this.getDat
There are errors evaluating script "maximoDataSet = MXReportDataSetProvider.create(this.getDat [message #1219480] Wed, 04 December 2013 06:59
Dj Spooch is currently offline Dj SpoochFriend
Good day everyone. I would like to ask for some help since im having this issue for the past 3 days now.

When i try to run a report on birt, this error is showing:

There are errors evaluating script "maximoDataSet = MXReportDataSetProvider.create(this.getDataSource().getName(), this.getName());
maximoDataSet.open();

Im using sql 2008 R2 with a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. Im using Eclipse Platform 3.7.1 which is the version compatible on our Maximo(the one we are using at the office)

Now they gave me a laptop for personal use. so i installed sql, birt jdk on it. But when i try to run the report its showing me the error.

Things i have done so far are:

1.Check the mxreportdatasources.properties. Here is what i have:

maximoDataSource.url=jdbc:inetdae7a:192.168.15.10:1433?database=Maximo
maximoDataSource.driver=com.inet.tds.TdsDriver
maximoDataSource.username=maximo1
maximoDataSource.password=maximo123
maximoDataSource.schemaowner=Maximo

* On the hostname, i did try putting my computer name, but still the same error. Also for maximo1 as username and also the pw, i did try them and was able to log on to sql. The ip add that i have used is IPv4 for wifi since im cobbecting it thru wifi. I did also try to use the IP for LAN but still the same error.

2.I copied sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar to D:\MAXIMO\BIRT\Birt371\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_3.7.1.v20110905\birt\WEB-INF\lib

* I did make sure that the java i installed is for 64 bit os

3. I open and allowed the port no 1433 on my windows firewall
4. i Extracted OPTA.jar on
D:\MAXIMO\BIRT\Birt371\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_3.7.1.v20110905\birt\WEB-INF\classes

Im actually loosing hope on this one. So i would like to ask for some help.

Question:
1. Can birt connect to SQL eventhough im using a stand alone laptop as my local host server? One of my friends told me that i MIGHT need a virtual IP add for birt to connect to sql. so that means i need to install a VM software and there will i install also sql for birt to connect.

Thanks in advance
Allan

Previous Topic:Dashboard Application in Web
Next Topic:Designer preview is not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:39:54 GMT 2024