Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dashboard Application in Web(BIRT Dashboard Application with dynamic charting)
Dashboard Application in Web [message #1219267] Tue, 03 December 2013 04:04 Go to next message
Shiva kumar is currently offline Shiva kumarFriend
Hi,

I am new to Eclipse BIRT Report. Our organization plans to go for a dashboard application in web. The main objective is to track the production and cost both actual vs estimation and some high level information. It mainly requires charts in difference segments.
I thought that it is better to go for BIRT report for dashboard. so that we can make chart very simply. However, i hardly find the Web Report and converting chart in to web mode.
I dowoloaded eclipse-reporting-helios-win32-x86_64 but could not find the Web Project during creation from Wizard Project. I can only see Reports project under Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools.
I have 2 options one go for any JFreechart otherwise BIRT Report which is highly benefited in the long term. Also, I could not find docs to integrate both Report Chart with JSP Servlet application. (Our main purpose the dashboard should work in internet web)
Please let me know how come i can get Web Report Project in the New Project Wizards and integrate Report into JSP Servlet Web Applciation. Also, some sample source for basic reports in Java, JSP, BIRT.
Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,
Shiva.
Re: Dashboard Application in Web [message #1219453 is a reply to message #1219267] Tue, 03 December 2013 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You can make a dashboard report in a single report design and just use separate dataSources and dataSets for each chart, if you want to do it the simplest way. You can deploy reports to the sample viewer and use the viewer JSP tag library to integrate into JSP pages. You can use this library to pull only the chart element out of a report design. You can also use Java to run and output your design to any of the standard outputs and then use that output within your application how you'd like. Let me know if you'd like more information on any of these.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Dashboard Application in Web [message #1219468 is a reply to message #1219453] Wed, 04 December 2013 04:05 Go to previous message
Shiva kumar is currently offline Shiva kumarFriend
Many Thanks Michael, for your kindness and guidance.

I am also planning the same as you suggested.
1. Reports and Chart using BIRT report project
2. Second level, integrate with JSP, Servlet environment

I believe going this approach is much better in the long run than using JFree chart or any other chart modules

Shall i have any sample simple project (source code)? My worry is to integrate report with JSP, Servlet environment. I will be very grateful if you have any sample source or the url available in the web forum, like HelloWorld project.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Shiva.

Previous Topic:BIRT Engine Version
Next Topic: There are errors evaluating script "maximoDataSet = MXReportDataSetProvider.create(this.getDat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:59:40 GMT 2024