Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » dynamically expand/display line items from sub report
dynamically expand/display line items from sub report [message #1219215] Mon, 02 December 2013 16:39 Go to next message
david chan is currently offline david chanFriend
Hi all

I'm using BIRT Report Designer to add another table (sub report) to an existing report. I am trying to dynamically display all table rows (15) in the subreport that is associated to the main report... but it is not displaying all rows.

I can expand the size of the sub report table... but if it is more than what I an testing (15), then there will be missing line items... and if there is less, then it will leave a big space between reports/section.

To start, I added another DETAIL row to the last section of the report, and then added a table within the detail sections. I looked through properties values of the report, the details section of the report, the table and the table row... and I cannot find any options parameters that will auto diplay/grow/print based on the number of line items/rows found.

Is there a setting somewhere?

thanks... dave
Re: dynamically expand/display line items from sub report [message #1219571 is a reply to message #1219215] Wed, 04 December 2013 17:10 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Are you setting a height on the detail row that contains the sub-table? If so, remove this setting and it should work as you're expecting. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Problem in generating report through viewer servlet
Next Topic:Is it possible to print an HTML report with break page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:18:02 GMT 2024