Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UML Profile as an Eclipse Plugin
UML Profile as an Eclipse Plugin [message #1216681] Thu, 28 November 2013 15:36 Go to next message
Javier Berrocal is currently offline Javier BerrocalFriend
Hello,

I have modeled an UML Profile with Papyrus and I would like to export it (along with a Customized palette) as an Eclipse Plugin. Is this possible?

Thank you very much.
Re: UML Profile as an Eclipse Plugin [message #1220736 is a reply to message #1216681] Fri, 13 December 2013 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Hardy is currently offline Johan HardyFriend

Concerning the profile it is quite simple, please refer to http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/604098/
Concerning the palette, I have no idea.
Re: UML Profile as an Eclipse Plugin [message #1220798 is a reply to message #1220736] Fri, 13 December 2013 16:31 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Javier,

Yes, it is possible. However, the tool support is not complete yet (i.e. you'll need to do a few things manually).

If you've already customized the Palette for your profile, the Palette configuration is located in your workspace directory:

~workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common/your_palette.xml

You need to copy this file into a plug-in, and fill the org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common.paletteDefinition extension point (Use org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.common.service.PapyrusPaletteService as the class for the PaletteProvider)

For the profile, you have three extension points to fill:

- org.eclipse.emf.ecore.dynamic_package (Or generated_package for static profiles)
- org.eclipse.uml2.uml.dynamic_package (Or generated_package for static profiles)
- org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.extensionpoints.UMLProfile

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Creating Reports and Getting Information Out of a SysML Model
Next Topic:Write Code in to Operation of a Class in to Class Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:57:48 GMT 2024