Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problem with SysML Stereotypes and DirectedCompositions
Problem with SysML Stereotypes and DirectedCompositions [message #1200609] Thu, 21 November 2013 10:16
Matteo M. is currently offline Matteo M.Friend
Hello,

I created a dummy SysML profile with two stereotypes: FooStereo and BarStereo. They both inherit from SysML's Block stereotype. I defined a DirectedComposition association from FooStereo to BarStereo, called bars, with multiplicity 1..*. I finally exported the profile and applied it to a dummy model with two blocks: Block1 and Block2, stereotyped as FooStereo and BarStereo respectively.

When I access the Block1's stereotype properties and try to give a value to bars, no dialogs appear to allow me to select Block2; instead, a string "Bar Stereo false" is printed in the bars's value box (the box on the right) and a "undefined" value is automatically assigned to bars in the stereotype value box (the box on the left).

On the other hand, all works fine if I replace the DirectedComposition association with a simple DirectedAssociation in the profile. However, I don't see any real difference in the definition of the two associations, except for the black-filled diamond in the first one. Anyway, I need to be able to use a DirectedComposition to preserve the semantics properties of the actual profile I'm working on. I know that it's possible (and straightforward!) to use DirectedCompositions in SysML profiles/models -- I assigned MARTE's HwBranchPredictors to an HwProcessor without any problem. I just cannot explain why it does not work in my case.

I attached the profile and the model to this thread. I hope someone can shed some light on this issue.

Thank you in advance.
--
Matteo
Previous Topic:Viewing Compartments of state (Entry,Exit,Do actions)in state diagram?
Next Topic:Getting rid of Xtext (I think it is...)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:30:12 GMT 2024