Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [CDO] Open Resource Dialog
[CDO] Open Resource Dialog [message #1191023] Sat, 16 November 2013 22:41 Go to next message
Scott Dybiec is currently offline Scott DybiecFriend
Is there a dialog available for browsing a CDO repository, navigating
through the directory tree and selecting a resource? The dialog would
return a valid CDO URI for the application to open / save / save as.
Similar to the CDO Session View, but embedded in a Dialog.

I've found the Dawn New Resource Wizard, which has some embedded node
choosers that are close, but would require some refactoring to work for
both opening and saving.

Scott
Re: [CDO] Open Resource Dialog [message #1227490 is a reply to message #1191023] Sat, 04 January 2014 17:49 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Scott,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't monitor this forum so carefully because CDO questions are normally answered in the EMF
forum.

Comments below...

Am 16.11.2013 23:41, schrieb scott@xxxxxxxx:
> Is there a dialog available for browsing a CDO repository, navigating through the directory tree and selecting a
> resource?
Where/how would this dialog be used? How would it determine the repo(s) to be used? And more importantly, in case
audting or branching is available for these repos, how would it determine the CDOViews to be used for these repos?

> The dialog would return a valid CDO URI for the application to open / save / save as. Similar to the CDO Session View,
> but embedded in a Dialog.
It's very easy for a given CDOView to fill its folders and resources, starting at the view's root resource, into any
TreeViewer. Converting the selected resource into a URI is normally easy, too. But there are two types of CDO URIs:

1) canonical URIs that rely on that particular CDOView to be already registered with the resource set (i.e. they carry
no connection information) and

2) connection-aware URIs that are able to open the needed CDOView and register it with the resource set.

I'm not sure how save or save as can be related in the context of CDO.

>
> I've found the Dawn New Resource Wizard, which has some embedded node choosers that are close, but would require some
> refactoring to work for both opening and saving.
I'm not a Dawn expert but I recall that they have something like their own CDOView registry that might be used to
determine what resources to offer.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Previous Topic:How to connect EMFStore with MongoDB
Next Topic:Teneo: Issue with multiple sessions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:54:22 GMT 2024