Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » HTML, CSS and JS context assist not working(I'm building a node js app and using nodeeclipse. HTML/CSS/JS syntax highlighting and autocompletion (CTRL+SPACE) are not working)
icon5.gif  HTML, CSS and JS context assist not working [message #1179804] Sun, 10 November 2013 15:04 Go to next message
Tom Mising name is currently offline Tom Mising nameFriend
Hi

I'm building a node js app. and instead of using jade I preferred to use the good old index.html

The app itself works fine, it runs from eclipse as expected. However, when I edit my index.html file or style.css, there is no syntax highlighting nor contex assist. When editing the app.js file there is syntax highlighting but still no contex assist.

I've tried installing the Web Developer tools and the JavaScript Developer Tools from the kepler update site, but that did not help.

I'm using eclipse Version: Kepler Release Build id: 20130614-0229
Under windows 7
nodeeclipse is also installed (maybe that caused the problem?)
also eclipse git Team Provider

What might I be missing?
Re: HTML, CSS and JS context assist not working [message #1184441 is a reply to message #1179804] Wed, 13 November 2013 13:00 Go to previous message
Tom Mising name is currently offline Tom Mising nameFriend
I managed to get the syntax highlighting but not the content assist (except for HTML, this works) by right clicking on the files and setting up a different default application to open the files with.

Still, I don't know how to get content assist for CSS and JS (and possibly a different one for jsnode server side 'app.js' as I expected after installing nodeeclipse).

Any advices will be welcomed.
Previous Topic:ant builder problem
Next Topic:XText
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 13:12:25 GMT 2024