Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Error when trying to Export to Eclipse product(Noob)
Error when trying to Export to Eclipse product [message #1179045] Sun, 10 November 2013 02:50 Go to next message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
Thanks to the help I received on this forum, I was able to create 2, yes 2 DSLs which have proven to be real time savers in my Java project. Awesome! Very Happy

Now I'm trying to create a standalone Eclipse product with these DSLs integrated so that I might distribute this environment to other people. This isn't going very well.

I consistently get the error:

The plug-in 'org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl' is not in the workspace and cannot therefore be modified. Please import it into your workspace and retry.

After some searching on the internet, I found the ZIP for org.eclipse.epp.packages-2.0.0-R which contains this package and imported that into my workspace. No change. I moved the package org.eclipse.epp.package.dsl into a source folder. Now to be sure, this package doesn't look like it has any source code, just image files and configuration stuff. Nothing changes. Still get the error and export to Eclipse product isn't working.

Google is not coming back with anything on this particular package expect a bunch of Git links.

I can run the Eclipse application OK (although there are some warnings). It may have something to do with me creating 2 Xtext projects which reference the same package, not sure. When I tried to do an export to plug-in, I got a bunch of warnings about duplicate entries.
Re: Error when trying to Export to Eclipse product [message #1179533 is a reply to message #1179045] Sun, 10 November 2013 10:44 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

i have no idea on that and have never seen it.
google gives me:

Solution: The export dialog contains an option to Synchronize before exporting. Do not select this option.

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:How to accessing resources on the classpath
Next Topic:Prioritizing rules in Xtext
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:13:28 GMT 2024