Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » FormPage messages
FormPage messages [message #1174694] Thu, 07 November 2013 09:01 Go to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
Hey everyone,

I have a use-case where I want to display a warning/error message to the user in a SapphireFormEditor where the context of the error message is the entire editor. Here is the background, to "fully" run one of our sapphire-based editors it requires special project metadata, but it is very common for imported projects or new projects to sometimes not have this metadata. Currently we only display this for the user as a problem marker in the problems view, but many times they wont see that and they will open our editor anyways. In these cases we would like to display a 'warning' or 'error' on the whole editor context.

An analog for this situation is the m2e pom.xml editor. In that editor, if the pom.xml has an overall configuration problem so the editor won't function fully so they display a warning message at the top to alert the user to this issue. (see screenshots)

I'm wondering if this type of feature would be good to bake into sapphire. I know the SapphireFormEditor doesn't prevent the use of 'getPage().getManagedForm().getMessageManager().addMessage(...)' so it can be done manually by adopters, but before coding for this API I wanted to check to see if this was of interest to other Sapphire adopters or sapphire team as a feature request (also I can volunteer some time from someone on my team here at Liferay to work on such a feature).

Thanks.
Re: FormPage messages [message #1175140 is a reply to message #1174694] Thu, 07 November 2013 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
I don't see why we couldn't add this to the framework, but it might need to wait for the next release. I am currently looking at Dec 14th as the release date for 0.7, which means that the IP Log will be due very soon.
Re: FormPage messages [message #1240492 is a reply to message #1174694] Thu, 06 February 2014 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Weise is currently offline Andreas WeiseFriend
We would also like to see this feature in sapphire. Is there already an enhancement request created?
Re: FormPage messages [message #1242793 is a reply to message #1240492] Mon, 10 February 2014 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No enhancement request has been created that I recall.
Re: FormPage messages [message #1242901 is a reply to message #1242793] Mon, 10 February 2014 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Weise is currently offline Andreas WeiseFriend
Created here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=427769
Re: FormPage messages [message #1249304 is a reply to message #1242901] Tue, 18 February 2014 05:36 Go to previous message
I'd like to volunteer time to add this feature. I'll post my questions about implementation over on the 427769 bug entry.
Previous Topic:Radio Button Group with Possible Value Service
Next Topic:DerivedValueService update in UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:12:16 GMT 2024