Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Oracle Forms KDM from XMI(Oracle Forms KDM from XMI)
Oracle Forms KDM from XMI [message #1171967] Tue, 05 November 2013 16:06 Go to next message
E. BarNa is currently offline E. BarNaFriend
Hi friends.
I'm starting to work with reverse engineering and application modernization and I'm seeing MoDisco operation.
As an example, I'm trying to generate the KDM model for a Oracle Forms form using MoDisco to convert it later to JAVA using Acceleo.

To do this, I exported the file .FMB (Oracle Forms source) to .XML and then I generated the model .XMI thereof by MoDisco.

Then, how can generate the model KDM directly from XMI model?
I understand that I need a new discoverer that is capable of translating .XMI to .KDM for Oracle Forms. Is that so?

If so, how could implement a new discoverer able to generate the KDM model from an XMI model? Is there some source code that I serve as a reference?

Thanks for your help.
A greeting
Re: Oracle Forms KDM from XMI [message #1173119 is a reply to message #1171967] Wed, 06 November 2013 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

Thanks a lot for looking to MoDisco!

First, I think there is probably a misunderstanding here: XMI is nothing more than the default serialization format for models in EMF, and same models can also be potentially serialized in other formats (e.g., XML, plain text).
So saying that you have an "XMI" model gives no information about the real type of this model.
When we talk about a model, we rather refer to the metamodel it conforms to: e.g., a KDM model is a model that conforms to the KDM metamodel.

Having said that, MoDisco is already providing a generic discoverer for XML models (that conform to the XML metamodel as defined in MoDisco) out of any XML document such as potentially your Oracle Forms source.
Then you would have to define a model-to-model transformation from XML to KDM (both metamodels are provided by MoDisco).

MoDisco introductory presentations are available from here.
And the MoDisco reference documentation is available from here.

I hope this helps to clarify your point.

Best regards,

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle Forms KDM from XMI [message #1196553 is a reply to message #1173119] Tue, 19 November 2013 13:22 Go to previous message
E. BarNa is currently offline E. BarNaFriend
Thanks Hugo, I am very grateful for your response.
Previous Topic:Introduction to MoDisco: some slides and demo available online
Next Topic:created kdm.xmi - but can't do anything with it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 03:53:06 GMT 2024