Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Model broken, how to fix
Model broken, how to fix [message #1164037] Thu, 31 October 2013 11:42 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Today I can no longer expand my model, Papyrus just hangs when I click on the expansion icon in the model explorer.

I then tried to revert to an earlier version and got the message in the attached screen dump.

I have no clue of what to do to fix this?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Model broken, how to fix [message #1164146 is a reply to message #1164037] Thu, 31 October 2013 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Tomas,

What do you see on line 867 of Category1_Stop.notation? This looks
like an exception in the very basic XML parsing: your XML is corrupted.

HTH,

Christian

On 2013-10-31 11:42:43 +0000, Tomas Sandkvist said:

> Today I can no longer expand my model, Papyrus just hangs when I click
> on the expansion icon in the model explorer.
>
> I then tried to revert to an earlier version and got the message in the
> attached screen dump.
>
> I have no clue of what to do to fix this?
>
> Regards,
> Tomas Sandkvist
> <image>
Re: Model broken, how to fix [message #1164210 is a reply to message #1164146] Thu, 31 October 2013 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christian!!

Actually nothing, that particular position is a blank space?? The same goes for the other file.

My first thought was if there was some tool for cleaning, but as you say, it seems I have to make some fixing in the files directly, which I have done after I realized it was all plain XML.

After some fiddling I did get the model to open, but I now have problems with my submodels. The file that Papyrus barfed on was a submodel and now it has become a separate model...

And so has several other submodels as well...

And if I try to recreate the submodel, it wouldn't happen? I re-incorporated all submodels into the main model and tried to recreate them, but nothing happens if I try that on any of the packages I previously had as submodels, the only way is to rename the package.

Is there anywhere in these XML files I can edit to get the submodels working again?

Regards,
Tomas
Re: Model broken, how to fix [message #1165370 is a reply to message #1164037] Fri, 01 November 2013 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now think I know what the problem is, and that is version management. In order to work both from my office and at home, I created an SVN repository at CollabNet, and somewhere done the line I managed to fail to keep my working copies in sync.

CollabNet Desktop (probably through my own clumsyness) have added diff information in a number of files, which of course makes them invalid XML.

So, basically I have lost about half a day's work due to this, and it seems irreparable as well. So, warning to all you newbies, don't mess up your models with SVN!

Regards,
Tomas
Re: Model broken, how to fix [message #1170147 is a reply to message #1165370] Mon, 04 November 2013 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Tomas,

In theory, EMF Compare should be able to diff/merge these models, to fix them. Once they are fixed (i.e. all conflicts are resolved), you should be able to open them again in Papyrus.

I say "In theory", because the EMF Compare/Papyrus integration is still work in progress, and the priority is given to the Git integration. But Git, SVN and EMF compare share the Team API of Eclipse, so, it "should" just work.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Model broken, how to fix [message #1170622 is a reply to message #1170147] Mon, 04 November 2013 19:32 Go to previous message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Camille Letavernier wrote on Mon, 04 November 2013 07:42
Hi Tomas,

In theory, EMF Compare should be able to diff/merge these models, to fix them. Once they are fixed (i.e. all conflicts are resolved), you should be able to open them again in Papyrus.

I say "In theory", because the EMF Compare/Papyrus integration is still work in progress, and the priority is given to the Git integration. But Git, SVN and EMF compare share the Team API of Eclipse, so, it "should" just work.

In practice: not yet Smile

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=397955
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=414180
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=411565

regards,

Klaas
Previous Topic:Create papyrus model programmatically
Next Topic:Print UML diagram on Papers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:04:25 GMT 2024