Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Getting Environment Setup. [Solved](Need help setting up environment. )
Getting Environment Setup. [Solved] [message #1161317] Tue, 29 October 2013 18:32 Go to next message
C. Thompson is currently offline C. ThompsonFriend
I have checked out Mylyn git repo:
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/mylyn/org.eclipse.mylyn.incubator.git

Then go to eclipse import all the projects.
I then set the target platform to mylyn-e3.8.
Window > Preferences > Plug-in Development > mylyn-dev-e3.8

Then I download and set the API Baseline
mylyn-3.8.0-api.zip
eclipse-SDK-3.8-win32-x86_64.zip

using the eclipse/plugin folder with the mylyn-3.8.0-api.zip extracted inside of it.

Yet I still get about 1124 errors. I think this is just environment setup errors. Sorry that this is very basic.

Here is a short list of the errors I see:
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Combo cannot be resolved to a type	QuestionnaireWizardPage.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 70	Java Problem
ContextCore cannot be resolved	SelectionMonitor.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 125	Java Problem
AbstractUIPlugin cannot be resolved to a type	MylynUserStudyExamplePlugin.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 29	Java Problem
Project 'org.eclipse.mylyn.tests.report' is missing required Java project: 'org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.net'	org.eclipse.mylyn.tests.report		Build path	Build Path Problem
GridData cannot be resolved to a variable	QuestionnaireWizardPage.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 197	Java Problem
GridData cannot be resolved to a type	QuestionnaireWizardPage.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 196	Java Problem
Button cannot be resolved to a type	SubmitFeedbackPage.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 60	Java Problem
Project 'org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.bugzilla' is missing required Java project: 'org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.core'	org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.bugzilla		Build path	Build Path Problem
AbstractUIPlugin cannot be resolved	FeedbackWizard.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 48	Java Problem
The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved	org.eclipse.mylyn.tests.report		Unknown	Java Problem
AbstractUserInteractionMonitor cannot be resolved to a type	SelectionMonitor.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 39	Java Problem
EditorPart cannot be resolved to a type	SelectionMonitor.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 113	Java Problem
DateUtil cannot be resolved	FeedbackWizard.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 83	Java Problem
BundleContext cannot be resolved to a type	MylynUserStudyExamplePlugin.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 68	Java Problem
BundleContext cannot be resolved to a type	MylynUserStudyExamplePlugin.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 73	Java Problem
EditorsPlugin cannot be resolved	MylynUserStudyExamplePlugin.java	/org.eclipse.mylyn.examples.monitor.study/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/examples/monitor/study	line 59	Java Problem

How do I make it so I can run the project /org.eclipse.mylyn.tests.performance?

[Updated on: Tue, 29 October 2013 22:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting Environment Setup. [message #1161460 is a reply to message #1161317] Tue, 29 October 2013 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
Not sure what you meant by "import all the projects", but I would check out the missing repos, they can come handy anyway:
* go to http://git.eclipse.org/c/mylyn/ for the git URLs
* clone Mylyn Commons
* clone Mylyn Tasks
* see if you miss any projects from the other repos, but those two should be enough

Let me know if this helped, or at least reduced the numer of errors.
Re: Getting Environment Setup. [message #1161594 is a reply to message #1161460] Tue, 29 October 2013 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Thomas!
I got my errors down to only 81 now!

I have the following imports still not resolving:
import org.eclipse.test.performance.Dimension;
import org.eclipse.test.performance.PerformanceTestCase;

And the following resolver error.
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
Bundle 'org.eclipse.test.performance' cannot be resolved	MANIFEST.MF	/org.eclipse.mylyn.tests.performance/META-INF	line 10	Plug-in Problem
Re: Getting Environment Setup. [message #1161600 is a reply to message #1161594] Tue, 29 October 2013 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a package for performance tests:
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git

I imported that package and almost everything started to compile. I am getting 19 Invalid @since 3.9 tags. But besides that I am golden! Thanks for the help.

Can I post this info somewhere as to be helpful to the next person who wants to create tests?
Re: Getting Environment Setup. [message #1162846 is a reply to message #1161600] Wed, 30 October 2013 17:07 Go to previous message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi, it would be great if you added a sub-section on performance testing to http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_Contributor_Reference#Writing_Tests.

Thanks!
Sam
Previous Topic:[WikiText] Getting page numbers in toc for print
Next Topic:Cannot update/create tasks with Bugzilla 4.4.1 and Eclipse 3.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:31:49 GMT 2024