Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Almost every time "No Application ID"(I am newbie, but I have spent enough time to know the details of connecting multiple databases.)
Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1157747] Sun, 27 October 2013 12:35 Go to next message
Cee A Lon is currently offline Cee A LonFriend
I am connecting 3 databases with scout, on the scout properties file , I have checked and installed "Derby", Oracle & Postgres. So far so good.

I have also managed to follow the examples which are great by the way to display data from 3 JDBC connectors just fine.

Here is the problem:- "No Application ID" in runtime and the whole thing just stops.

At this stage I tried to integrate a search form with the main page and I hit this nasty "No Application ID" error again and again. Nothing seems to work except to delete the whole project and re-starting it all over.

I have looked at lot of forums including this one where it is suggested that plugins are the issue or some other dependency. Can any one please layout the exact steps as to how to start debugging this scenario.
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1158795 is a reply to message #1157747] Mon, 28 October 2013 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Check the validity of your {{your_project}}.server/products/{{developpement/production}}/{{project}}-server.product

You can use validate to see if you are your product file contained all required bundles.

I assume you will get an errors because some plugins are missing missing.
You can add it with add.

index.php/fa/12003/0/

Otherwise do not hesitate to post your console log, in order to see why "no application id has been found".

You should do the same for your client products.
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1158909 is a reply to message #1158795] Mon, 28 October 2013 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
My experience is also that you will need to switch to the "Overview" tab and press "Synchronise" to write those changes to an already existing run/debug configuration. If you don't do this and launch the application from the Eclipse menu Debug-><stored config> you will still get the error, despite having fixed the dependencies in the product.
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1231305 is a reply to message #1158909] Tue, 14 January 2014 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi all,
I have a similar problem with my project, below I report the log.
I already do the "Validate" and "Synchronise" operations as suggested in the before topic, but the message "No application id" appear again.

Please, can you help me to understand where exactly is the error? And how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help and explanation

!SESSION 2014-01-14 11:44:31.454 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_24
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=it_IT
Framework arguments:  -product org.zeiss.mo.scout.CZVEDIController.ui.swt.product
Command-line arguments:  -product org.zeiss.mo.scout.CZVEDIController.ui.swt.product -data C:\Projects\scout/../runtime-CZVEDIController-swt-client-dev.product -dev file:C:/Projects/scout/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/CZVEDIController-swt-client-dev.product/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2014-01-14 11:44:33.641
!MESSAGE Product org.zeiss.mo.scout.CZVEDIController.ui.swt.product could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-01-14 11:44:33.741
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\Projects\scout\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\CZVEDIController-swt-client-dev.product\1389696271814.log.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 January 2014 10:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1231660 is a reply to message #1231305] Wed, 15 January 2014 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
Your error message says

Product org.zeiss.mo.scout.CZVEDIController.ui.swt.product could not be found.

If you go to the "Dependency" tab of your product file, the chances are high that you have added a plugin that does not exist (by either adding it in text mode or by adding it using the editor and then later renaming that plugin) or that you totally lack the plugin that contains your product.

Alternatively, go to the "Overview" tab and use the "Product" dropdown to select a product from the list, I guess the one that is complained about won't be listed, so select one that *is* listed.
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1231694 is a reply to message #1231660] Wed, 15 January 2014 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Urs Beeli for your reply.
after several attempts, I solved the problem before reading your answer, but I will use your answer as a reminder for the next time
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1231698 is a reply to message #1231694] Wed, 15 January 2014 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias N is currently offline Matthias NFriend
marco giudici wrote on Wed, 15 January 2014 03:07
Thanks Urs Beeli for your reply.
after several attempts, I solved the problem before reading your answer, but I will use your answer as a reminder for the next time

Hi Marco,
glad you solved it. Was Urs' answer the solution to the problem, or did you solve it another way?

Best regards,
Matthias
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1231753 is a reply to message #1231698] Wed, 15 January 2014 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matthias,
I solved the problem before the Urs' answer, but with the same solution proposed by Urs
Re: Almost every time "No Application ID" [message #1231768 is a reply to message #1231753] Wed, 15 January 2014 10:50 Go to previous message
Matthias Nick is currently offline Matthias NickFriend
Okay great, thanks!
Previous Topic:Is it possible use JScrollPane or JEditorPane in Scout?
Next Topic:Identify the Button Pressed in Exec Store of Handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:18:43 GMT 2024