Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » CopyAction
CopyAction [message #179563] Thu, 28 April 2005 16:21 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sidus68.yahoo.com

Hi!

I have been looking at copy/paste based on suggestions from previous
postings... and have a slight problem:

if I include the following code in the createActions method of my editor:

action = new CopyAction ((IWorkbenchPart) this);
registry.registerAction (action);
getSelectionActions().add (action.getId());

I get the following:
java.lang.ClassCastException: net.ibs.forms.editor.actions.CopyAction
at
net.ibs.forms.editor.FormModelEditor$6.hookPaletteViewer(For mModelEditor.java:367)
at
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.PaletteViewerProvider.createPalet teViewer(PaletteViewerProvider.java:59)
at
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.FlyoutPaletteComposite.setState(F lyoutPaletteComposite.java:510)
at
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.FlyoutPaletteComposite.<init>(FlyoutPaletteComposite.java:178)
at
org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette.cr eatePartControl(GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette.java:75)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane .java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(PartPane.java :205)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelecti on(PartStack.java:939)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.jav a:921)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.setSelection(EditorStack .java:196)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:10 20)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:121 )
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(Editor SashContainer.java:59)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.openEditor(EditorAr eaHelper.java:266)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$4.run(EditorManager.ja va:694)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:69)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(Editor Manager.java:683)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openInternalEditor(Edi torManager.java:779)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.access$12(EditorManage r.java:763)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$9.run(EditorManager.ja va:948)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.busyRestoreEditor(Edit orManager.java:922)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$8.run(EditorManager.ja va:915)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:69)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreEditor(EditorMa nager.java:911)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreEditorState(Edi torManager.java:1487)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreState(EditorMan ager.java:874)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.restoreState(Workbench Page.java:2470)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(Workben chWindow.java:1372)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1224)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1 185)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$13.run(Workbench.java:1096 )
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1029)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(Wor kbenchConfigurer.java:167)
at
org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.java:652)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:819)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1325)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:254)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:141)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:96)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivator.java:335)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:273)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:129)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Apr 28, 2005 18:14:39.816
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.core.runtime".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.gef.ui.actions.ActionBarContributor.setActiveEdi tor(ActionBarContributor.java:139)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorActionBars.partChanged(EditorA ctionBars.java:297)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$2.run(WorkbenchPage.ja va:476)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.activatePart(Workbench Page.java:468)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPa ge.java:2080)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$4.run(WorkbenchWindo w.java:1858)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:69)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(Workbe nchWindow.java:1845)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(Workben chWindow.java:1409)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1224)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1 185)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$13.run(Workbench.java:1096 )
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java:616)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1029)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(Wor kbenchConfigurer.java:167)
at
org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.java:652)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:819)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1325)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:254)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:141)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:96)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivator.java:335)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:273)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:129)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

(It seems the null pointer is being caused by the following line of code
in
org.eclipse.ui.IEditorActionBarContributor#setActiveEditor(I EditorPart),
which returns null:
ActionRegistry registry =
(ActionRegistry)editor.getAdapter(ActionRegistry.class);
--- but assume that is irrelevant as it is most likely that the original
ClassCastException is causing the 2nd problme)

Any suggestions as to where I ahve gone wrong?

Many Thanks!
Re: CopyAction [message #179887 is a reply to message #179563] Sun, 01 May 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pratik Shah is currently offline Pratik ShahFriend
Messages: 1077
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The problem is obviously in your CopyAction (and nobody here has access to
that code). When you get a ClassCastException, the usual thing to do is
check to see what is being incorrectly casted. Please do the due process
before posting on this newsgroup.

"sidney lee" <sidus68@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ccc6885a9dd0b129a2e59656a7347562$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi!
>
> I have been looking at copy/paste based on suggestions from previous
> postings... and have a slight problem:
>
> if I include the following code in the createActions method of my editor:
>
> action = new CopyAction ((IWorkbenchPart) this);
> registry.registerAction (action);
> getSelectionActions().add (action.getId());
>
> I get the following:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: net.ibs.forms.editor.actions.CopyAction
> at
>
net.ibs.forms.editor.FormModelEditor$6.hookPaletteViewer(For mModelEditor.jav
a:367)
> at
>
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.PaletteViewerProvider.createPalet teViewer(Palette
ViewerProvider.java:59)
> at
>
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.FlyoutPaletteComposite.setState(F lyoutPaletteComp
osite.java:510)
> at
>
org.eclipse.gef.ui.palette.FlyoutPaletteComposite.<init>(FlyoutPaletteCompos
ite.java:178)
> at
>
org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette.cr eatePartControl(
GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette.java:75)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java
:616)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane .java:133)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(PartPane.java :205)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelecti on(PartStack.jav
a:939)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.jav a:921)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.setSelection(EditorStack .java:196)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:10 20)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:290)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:121 )
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(Editor SashContainer.ja
va:59)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.openEditor(EditorAr eaHelper.java:26
6)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$4.run(EditorManager.ja va:694)
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:69)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(Editor Manager.java:683
)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openInternalEditor(Edi torManager.java:
779)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.access$12(EditorManage r.java:763)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$9.run(EditorManager.ja va:948)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java
:616)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.busyRestoreEditor(Edit orManager.java:9
22)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$8.run(EditorManager.ja va:915)
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:69)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreEditor(EditorMa nager.java:911)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreEditorState(Edi torManager.java:
1487)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreState(EditorMan ager.java:874)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.restoreState(Workbench Page.java:2470)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(Workben chWindow.java:13
72)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1224)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1 185)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$13.run(Workbench.java:1096 )
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java
:616)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1029)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(Wor kbenchConfigurer
..java:167)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.jav
a:652)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:819)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1325)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:254)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:141)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:96)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivator.
java:335)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:273)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:129)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Apr 28, 2005 18:14:39.816
> !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
> "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
>
org.eclipse.gef.ui.actions.ActionBarContributor.setActiveEdi tor(ActionBarCon
tributor.java:139)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorActionBars.partChanged(EditorA ctionBars.java:2
97)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$2.run(WorkbenchPage.ja va:476)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java
:616)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.activatePart(Workbench Page.java:468)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPa ge.java:2080)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$4.run(WorkbenchWindo w.java:1858)
> at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator .java:69)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(Workbe nchWindow.java:1
845)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(Workben chWindow.java:14
09)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1224)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1 185)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$13.run(Workbench.java:1096 )
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(Inter nalPlatform.java
:616)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.jav a:1029)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(Wor kbenchConfigurer
..java:167)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(Work benchAdvisor.jav
a:652)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:819)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1325)
> at
>
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:254)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:141)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplicatio n.java:96)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(Pl atformActivator.
java:335)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:273)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:129)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
> at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)
>
> (It seems the null pointer is being caused by the following line of code
> in
> org.eclipse.ui.IEditorActionBarContributor#setActiveEditor(I EditorPart),
> which returns null:
> ActionRegistry registry =
> (ActionRegistry)editor.getAdapter(ActionRegistry.class);
> --- but assume that is irrelevant as it is most likely that the original
> ClassCastException is causing the 2nd problme)
>
> Any suggestions as to where I ahve gone wrong?
>
> Many Thanks!
>
>
Re: CopyAction [message #179926 is a reply to message #179887] Mon, 02 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sidus68.yahoo.com

hi, pratik!

my apologies. I have been coding for many years and my intention here is
to try to understand the mechanisms involved for myself, not have the
problem solved for me. I had tried to determine what was causing the
problem but was making no progress. this is exacerbated by the fact that I
am still trying to come to grips with GEF and how to define actions, etc.
my experience is more in system processes than user interface. I had taken
suggestions from earlier postings as my starting point for implementing
copy/paste (not templates as in the logic example). my CopyAction is
rather skeletal, based on code found in suggestions posted.

Kind Regards,
Re: CopyAction [message #179938 is a reply to message #179926] Mon, 02 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sidney.lee.ibs.net

Anyway, problem solved (conflicts with CopyTemplateAction - am not sure
I understand the purpose of copying templates, its uses, etc.)

Have two further questions:
(i) Are there any patterns or general practices w.r.t. copy/paste? For
example, when editing window components and one selects a component
which has children (a group box, for example), do we copy the container
only or its children too? (if the latter, would this be compatible with
the selection of the container and some (but not all) of its children
for copying?)
(ii) When copying the selected edit parts to the clipboard, I assume the
CloneCommand in the logic example is a good starting point. However, is
a copy command necessary or would it suffice to perform the necessary
tasks within my CopyAction?

Many Thanks!
Re: CopyAction [message #179954 is a reply to message #179938] Mon, 02 May 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pratik Shah is currently offline Pratik ShahFriend
Messages: 1077
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Sidney Lee" <sidney.lee@ibs.net> wrote in message
news:d54unu$6o3$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Anyway, problem solved (conflicts with CopyTemplateAction - am not sure
> I understand the purpose of copying templates, its uses, etc.)

That action is used to copy/paste from the palette. That provides an
accessible way of using the GEF palette.

>
> Have two further questions:
> (i) Are there any patterns or general practices w.r.t. copy/paste? For
> example, when editing window components and one selects a component
> which has children (a group box, for example), do we copy the container
> only or its children too? (if the latter, would this be compatible with
> the selection of the container and some (but not all) of its children
> for copying?)

Depends on your application. Most would copy the contents as well.

> (ii) When copying the selected edit parts to the clipboard, I assume the
> CloneCommand in the logic example is a good starting point. However, is
> a copy command necessary or would it suffice to perform the necessary
> tasks within my CopyAction?

Have your action do the copying. A command would modify the command stack.

>
> Many Thanks!
Re: CopyAction [message #180771 is a reply to message #179954] Tue, 10 May 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sidney.lee.ibs.net

Hi, Pratik! (or anyone else who may have some ideas)

a few issues I forgot to mention last time:

(i) when copying to the clipboard, do we copy the EditPart or the model
object (EdtPart.getModel())? If the EditPart, is there anything I should
be aware of or take into consideration when introducing a copy() method
on my EditPart subclass?
(ii) when pasting, I have adopted the same approach as adding during a
move (orphan/add). However, XYLayoutEditPolicy.getAddCommand() applies
contraints and translations. So, I was wondering (assuming I would need
to do likewise and given that my understanding of the uses of
constraints, etc. is limited at best) how I would do so given the
inherent support within in the XYLayoutEditPolicy but which is not
available in my PasteAction (extends SelectionAction)?

Many Thanks!
Re: CopyAction [message #180778 is a reply to message #179954] Tue, 10 May 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: sidney.lee.ibs.net

Hi, Pratik! (or anyone else who may have some ideas)

a few issues I forgot to mention last time:

(i) when copying to the clipboard, do we copy the EditPart or the model
object (EdtPart.getModel())? If the EditPart, is there anything I should
be aware of or take into consideration when introducing a copy() method
on my EditPart subclass?
(ii) when pasting, I have adopted the same approach as adding during a
move (orphan/add). However, XYLayoutEditPolicy.getAddCommand() applies
contraints and translations. So, I was wondering (assuming I would need
to do likewise and given that my understanding of the uses of
constraints, etc. is limited at best) how I would do so given the
inherent support within in the XYLayoutEditPolicy but which is not
available in my PasteAction (extends SelectionAction)?

Many Thanks!
Re: CopyAction [message #180829 is a reply to message #180771] Tue, 10 May 2005 18:05 Go to previous message
Sapna George is currently offline Sapna GeorgeFriend
Messages: 76
Registered: July 2009
Member
My Copy action copies only the model. Paste 'adds' the copied model to the
parent similar to the way its done when you select a model tool from the
palette to add to your 'diagram'. The edit part mechanism will create a
new edit part for the newly pasted model object during the refresh
process.

The only problem i'm having is that i'm unable to determine the mouse
click location when i try to paste the new model. This is because the
default SelectTool does not store the latest right mouse click location or
atleast i could not find it. So, my paste always adds the new model to
point (10, 10) - which is ugly.

sapna
Previous Topic:The hints in the layout.
Next Topic:What about GEF on tigris.org?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Feb 05 15:23:47 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.92779 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top