Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Observable label provider for EMF elements ?
Observable label provider for EMF elements ? [message #1152923] Thu, 24 October 2013 08:57 Go to next message
Cedric Moonen is currently offline Cedric MoonenFriend
Hello,

I have a table viewer which is displaying EMF elements (contained in a list). I have set-up the content provider which works fine (the viewer gets updated when an element is added/removed from the list).

Now, what I would like to have is that the table (which only has 1 column) should display some text representing the element (something similar as what toString() is doing). So, the text is in fact taking all properties of the element. What I want is that whenever an element is modified, the corresponding entry in the table should be updated.

I could create an ObservableMapLabelProvider which maps to all features of my elements but and override the getText() method:
1) This is rather annoying to do
2) This is even impossible in my case since the elements can be of different types (with a common base class).

I was wondering if it exists a similar class as the ObservableMapLabelProvider excepts that it observes ALL features of the elements.

What I'm doing now to solve this problem is using a standard LabelProvider and registering a listener on my EMF model. When a change occurs in the list, I update my table viewer. But I would prefer to stick to databinding for that instead.

Thank you
Re: Observable label provider for EMF elements ? [message #1164567 is a reply to message #1152923] Thu, 31 October 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
You can use AdapterFactoryLabelProvider if you have the Edit code generated for your model.

Cedric Moonen wrote on Thu, 24 October 2013 10:57
Hello,

I have a table viewer which is displaying EMF elements (contained in a list). I have set-up the content provider which works fine (the viewer gets updated when an element is added/removed from the list).

Now, what I would like to have is that the table (which only has 1 column) should display some text representing the element (something similar as what toString() is doing). So, the text is in fact taking all properties of the element. What I want is that whenever an element is modified, the corresponding entry in the table should be updated.

I could create an ObservableMapLabelProvider which maps to all features of my elements but and override the getText() method:
1) This is rather annoying to do
2) This is even impossible in my case since the elements can be of different types (with a common base class).

I was wondering if it exists a similar class as the ObservableMapLabelProvider excepts that it observes ALL features of the elements.

What I'm doing now to solve this problem is using a standard LabelProvider and registering a listener on my EMF model. When a change occurs in the list, I update my table viewer. But I would prefer to stick to databinding for that instead.

Thank you

Re: Observable label provider for EMF elements ? [message #1167127 is a reply to message #1152923] Sat, 02 November 2013 12:16 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
ObservableMapCellLabelProvider

Tom

On 24.10.13 10:57, Cedric Moonen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a table viewer which is displaying EMF elements (contained in a
> list). I have set-up the content provider which works fine (the viewer
> gets updated when an element is added/removed from the list).
>
> Now, what I would like to have is that the table (which only has 1
> column) should display some text representing the element (something
> similar as what toString() is doing). So, the text is in fact taking all
> properties of the element. What I want is that whenever an element is
> modified, the corresponding entry in the table should be updated.
>
> I could create an ObservableMapLabelProvider which maps to all features
> of my elements but and override the getText() method:
> 1) This is rather annoying to do 2) This is even impossible in my case
> since the elements can be of different types (with a common base class).
>
> I was wondering if it exists a similar class as the
> ObservableMapLabelProvider excepts that it observes ALL features of the
> elements.
>
> What I'm doing now to solve this problem is using a standard
> LabelProvider and registering a listener on my EMF model. When a change
> occurs in the list, I update my table viewer. But I would prefer to
> stick to databinding for that instead.
>
> Thank you
Previous Topic: How change node background color of a disabled Tree-Viewer.
Next Topic:Caching problem in ObservableCollectionTreeContentProvider.getOrCreateNode(Object,boolean)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:38:41 GMT 2024