Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Source and doc. plugins don't work in GEF 3.1M6?
Source and doc. plugins don't work in GEF 3.1M6? [message #178910] Sun, 24 April 2005 12:23 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: martinek.fit.vutbr.cz

Hello,

I have just installed Eclipse 3.1M6 and GEF 3.1M6 and it seems that
these plugins don't work:
org.eclipse.draw2d.doc.isv_3.1.0
org.eclipse.gef.doc.isv_3.1.0
org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.0

I can neither read the documentation of GEF nor survey the source code.
Those plugins are not visible in Window-Preferences-Target
Platform-Plugins. I can see there only org.eclipse.draw2d and
org.eclipse.gef. I tried to adjust the plugin.xml files of those plugins
according to some working plugins but with no effect.

The plugins org.eclipse.gef_3.1.0 and org.eclipse.draw2d_3.1.0 are
working normally. I have Mandrakelinux 10.1 and jdk1.5.0_02. Does anyone
know what is wrong?

Thanks,
David
Re: Source and doc. plugins don't work in GEF 3.1M6? [message #179227 is a reply to message #178910] Tue, 26 April 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pratik Shah is currently offline Pratik ShahFriend
Messages: 1077
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
It works for me.

"David Martinek" <martinek@fit.vutbr.cz> wrote in message
news:d4g38o$mo6$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed Eclipse 3.1M6 and GEF 3.1M6 and it seems that
> these plugins don't work:
> org.eclipse.draw2d.doc.isv_3.1.0
> org.eclipse.gef.doc.isv_3.1.0
> org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.0
>
> I can neither read the documentation of GEF nor survey the source code.
> Those plugins are not visible in Window-Preferences-Target
> Platform-Plugins. I can see there only org.eclipse.draw2d and
> org.eclipse.gef. I tried to adjust the plugin.xml files of those plugins
> according to some working plugins but with no effect.
>
> The plugins org.eclipse.gef_3.1.0 and org.eclipse.draw2d_3.1.0 are
> working normally. I have Mandrakelinux 10.1 and jdk1.5.0_02. Does anyone
> know what is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> David
Re: Source and doc. plugins don't work in GEF 3.1M6? [message #179265 is a reply to message #179227] Tue, 26 April 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: martinek.fit.vutbr.cz

I've just solved the problem. I had older versions of Eclipse (3.0.0,
3.1M5a) in separate directories (with several versions of GEF) but there
was only one .eclipse directory with configuration in my home directory.
After deletion the .eclipse directory and restarting Eclipse, all is
working fine.

I suppose the problem was caused by merging of old and new configuration
files of Eclipse 3.1Mxx and GEF 3.xx. For example, I found manifest
files org.eclipse.gef.source_3.0.1.MF and
org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.0.MF together in the configuration directory
~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.1.0/configuration/org.ecli pse.osgi/manifests
but I have just had installed only the 3.1 version of GEF.


Pratik Shah wrote:
> It works for me.
>
> "David Martinek" <martinek@fit.vutbr.cz> wrote in message
> news:d4g38o$mo6$1@news.eclipse.org...
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have just installed Eclipse 3.1M6 and GEF 3.1M6 and it seems that
>>these plugins don't work:
>>org.eclipse.draw2d.doc.isv_3.1.0
>>org.eclipse.gef.doc.isv_3.1.0
>>org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.0
>>
>>I can neither read the documentation of GEF nor survey the source code.
>>Those plugins are not visible in Window-Preferences-Target
>>Platform-Plugins. I can see there only org.eclipse.draw2d and
>>org.eclipse.gef. I tried to adjust the plugin.xml files of those plugins
>>according to some working plugins but with no effect.
>>
>>The plugins org.eclipse.gef_3.1.0 and org.eclipse.draw2d_3.1.0 are
>>working normally. I have Mandrakelinux 10.1 and jdk1.5.0_02. Does anyone
>> know what is wrong?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>David
>
Re: Source and doc. plugins don't work in GEF 3.1M6? [message #179308 is a reply to message #179265] Tue, 26 April 2005 14:28 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: none.us.ibm.com

Which platform are you using?

"David Martinek" <martinek@fit.vutbr.cz> wrote in message
news:d4l9je$bnk$1@news.eclipse.org...
>
> I've just solved the problem. I had older versions of Eclipse (3.0.0,
> 3.1M5a) in separate directories (with several versions of GEF) but there
> was only one .eclipse directory with configuration in my home directory.
> After deletion the .eclipse directory and restarting Eclipse, all is
> working fine.
>
> I suppose the problem was caused by merging of old and new configuration
> files of Eclipse 3.1Mxx and GEF 3.xx. For example, I found manifest files
> org.eclipse.gef.source_3.0.1.MF and org.eclipse.gef.source_3.1.0.MF
> together in the configuration directory
> ~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.1.0/configuration/org.ecli pse.osgi/manifests
> but I have just had installed only the 3.1 version of GEF.
>
>
Previous Topic:Intersects
Next Topic:Nested Layout with CompoundDirectedGraphLayout
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 30 12:39:10 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.07611 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top