Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Testing Acceleo generator modules
Testing Acceleo generator modules [message #1139764] Wed, 16 October 2013 00:50 Go to next message
Daniel Tahin is currently offline Daniel TahinFriend
Hello everyone,

i would like to run some tests on the Acceleo-generator modules. E.g to make a Unit test, can i use Junit?
Are there other software-test techniques and frameworks (beside of Junit), i could use in cunjunction with Acceleo?

Thanx in advance,
Daniel
Re: Testing Acceleo generator modules [message #1159061 is a reply to message #1139764] Mon, 28 October 2013 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Testing code generator is always a tricky question. From my experience, here are some of the test that you can set up to maintain your generator.
- compilation test (ensure that the code that you are producing compiles with various, tricky, input models)
- non regression tests (ensure that the generated code does not change)

You can run those with frameworks like JUnit or manually.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks

[Updated on: Mon, 28 October 2013 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Testing Acceleo generator modules [message #1159306 is a reply to message #1159061] Mon, 28 October 2013 12:42 Go to previous message
Daniel Tahin is currently offline Daniel TahinFriend
Thanx for the tip. If i should do some performance test (execution time or memory requirement ...), is the Eclipse profiling monitor (http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/documents/tutorials/profilingtool/profilingexample_32.html) my only option?

Thanx again,
Daniel
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Debugging mtl templates with multiple model input
Next Topic:how to use jet2 in standalone eclipse app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:10:44 GMT 2024