Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Enter dates in Task Editor
Enter dates in Task Editor [message #1134037] Sat, 12 October 2013 07:21 Go to next message
Rob Hoffman is currently offline Rob HoffmanFriend

[I'm a newbie to Mylyn, happy to be pointed to the User Guide if this is answered there. I'm on Mylyn 3.9.1 on Windows 7.]

In the Task Editor, in the Private section, entering a near Scheduled or Due date is convenient--select from the drop-down! However for a specific or further out date, I would like to be able to type the date rather than have to use the drop-down to choose a date through the calendar popup.

Date type-in is permitted in the Planning section, but apparently only in the format MMM d, yyyy?

For all date fields, date type-in should ideally recognize the usual suspects, perhaps attending to a Mylyn- or Eclipse- level or system preference to interpret an ambiguous date (e.g., is 11/10/13 mm/dd/yy, or yy/mm/dd, or ?) When the date field loses focus, a well-formed date should reformat to a standard format (e.g., Nov 10, 2013, again per some local or system preference). An invalid date should cause a pop-up error message.

Finally, in the Planning section, entering a malformed date and moving focus apparently causes the field to restore the prior entry without comment. I would prefer a pop-up error message.

Rob Hoffman
www.highassure.com
Re: Enter dates in Task Editor [message #1161269 is a reply to message #1134037] Tue, 29 October 2013 17:48 Go to previous message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
Please file an enhancement request for this: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mylyn%20Tasks
Previous Topic:Task Editor sections: expand by default
Next Topic:Unmet Apache Lucene dependency when building Mylyn tasks project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:07:58 GMT 2024