Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to get IProgressService
How to get IProgressService [message #1132896] Fri, 11 October 2013 13:13 Go to next message
Bertrand K is currently offline Bertrand KFriend
Hello,

I'd just begin to work on e4, I'm using 3.x and I have to migrate our product to e4. I have difficulties to inject IProgressService, it seems to be in the list the of services which can be injected but I've got an error :

no actual value was found for the argument "IProgressService".

What am I doing wrong ?

@PostConstruct
public void createPartControl(Composite parent, MPart part, IProgressService service) {
}

Or maybe there is an other way to get it ?

Thanks.
Bertrand
Re: How to get IProgressService [message #1139403 is a reply to message #1132896] Tue, 15 October 2013 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

The issue here is that 'pure' e4 apps (those not running under the Eclipse 4 compatibility layer) *cannot* access legacy eclipse services. We're trying (hard) to make mixing legacy stuff into e4 apps easier but this has to be done from the IDE side, not e4 so it's a work in, er, progress...Wink
Re: How to get IProgressService [message #1140294 is a reply to message #1139403] Wed, 16 October 2013 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks for your reply and for your work !

I read that the compatibility layer was not really stable when we use e4 and e3 layer but maybe this is only for the model UI and not for using eclipse plugins ?

Bertrand
Re: How to get IProgressService [message #1140321 is a reply to message #1140294] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:22 Go to previous message
Ok I replied too fast.
In 3.x, I m using PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getProgressService() to get the progress service.
But I'm using e4 workbench now so I can not use PlatformUI.getWorkbench() anymore, and I won't create and run 2 workbench (is that possible anyway ?:-/).

I want to migrate to Kepler and the new application layer and continue to reuse eclipse plugin as the org.eclipse.compare, but is that possible ?

Bertrand
Previous Topic:trouble with keybinding in fragment
Next Topic:TextEditor and other goodies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:29:11 GMT 2024