Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Wrap text row height with more than one column
Wrap text row height with more than one column [message #1132767] Fri, 11 October 2013 11:29 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Does anybody know how to implement a table with two auto wrap text columns.

I had a look at 'AutomaticRowHeightExample' of the examples project which works pretty well with exactly one column. With two columns and using the 'org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.painter.cell.AutomaticRowHeightTextPainter' it ends up in a flickering endless loop. What somehow makes sense to me since the TextPainter calculates for every cell in a row a different height. Using the 'org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.painter.cell.TextPainter' i get a well rising row height but the row height never gets smaller even if there is many empty space.

Any ideas how to get there?

-Andreas
Re: Wrap text row height with more than one column [message #1132787 is a reply to message #1132767] Fri, 11 October 2013 11:43 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Your investigation is pretty well, so I save my time for explaining the issues again. With NatTable default painters there is no way to get the automatic row height shrinking to work, as it causes too much trouble and might have negative effects on scaling and performance.

The only way to possibly get it done is to implement a custom painter based on the AutomaticRowHeightPainter for example, that implements some intelligent caching of the heights to avoid the flickering and jumping.
Previous Topic:Loosing selection
Next Topic:Avoid flickering when resize a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:58:16 GMT 2024