Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Project Preferences Sharing?(How do? :()
icon9.gif  Eclipse Project Preferences Sharing? [message #1131769] Thu, 10 October 2013 19:53 Go to next message
Matt Haynie is currently offline Matt HaynieFriend
Apologies if I've completely missed this feature, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have Eclipse share preferences between multiple projects. I'm coming from Visual Studio 2012 with it's nice Property Manager, which basically allows you to specify properties in another file that affect projects you add them to.

Project manager example image (fewer than 5 posts):
gyazo DOT com/e568ad02108fbf8a775b6cd1f96a1b74

I'm not talking about the ability to export and import project preferences, I'm talking about being able to "link" sets of properties to projects and make changes in one place that instantly propagates through the linked projects. If this feature isn't available, is there some sort of bug report form or something where I can request this feature? It seems like an important feature for even fairly small solutions/workspaces where you have more than 4 or 5 solutions. I was hoping to make the switch from Visual Studio and MSBuild to Eclipse and g++, but this is the only thing that's holding me back.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Matt
Re: Eclipse Project Preferences Sharing? [message #1140355 is a reply to message #1131769] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Could you specify what you want to accomplish? AFAIK in Eclipse you cannot manage the properties of several projects at once. But perhaps there is another solution to your problem.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Eclipse Project Preferences Sharing? [message #1143026 is a reply to message #1140355] Fri, 18 October 2013 01:04 Go to previous message
Matt Haynie is currently offline Matt HaynieFriend
I'm trying to find a way to manage project preferences for multiple projects at once, and have only 1 place to make a modification that will affect all projects.

Since that's available in Eclipse, do you know if there is a plan for this feature to be added? Or can you refer me to another cross-platform IDE that supports this feature?
Previous Topic:Can not pass cmd arguments in kepler C++ eclipse (@ubuntu 12.04)
Next Topic:Code works in Qt Creator but not in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:46:58 GMT 2024