Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » please help with output formats
please help with output formats [message #1130767] Wed, 09 October 2013 22:57 Go to next message
Gibran Shah is currently offline Gibran ShahFriend
Hello,

I'm having a real problem with outputs. It would be nice if there was an output format (Excel, PDF, HTML, etc.) that looked EXACTLY like the previewer, but there isn't. Half the output formats don't work at all, and those that do work look absolutely horrible (grid lines missing, table misaligned, etc.).

I want to focus on one output type only for now. What would you recommend I focus on? And what can I do to minimize the differences between what the report looks like in the previewer and what it looks like in this format?

Thanks.
Re: please help with output formats [message #1137146 is a reply to message #1130767] Mon, 14 October 2013 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi, i think you should focus on PDF output, which is currently the closest format from what we see in the viewer. Generally powerpoint outputs have a good quality too.

Excel output is not so bad for simple stuff, such a report with a single data table.

Re: please help with output formats [message #1159475 is a reply to message #1130767] Mon, 28 October 2013 15:10 Go to previous message
Gibran Shah is currently offline Gibran ShahFriend
Thank dd,

Sorry for the late reply. I gave up on this thread too early. Your reply is helpful.
Previous Topic:XML Data Sources...
Next Topic:please help increase java heap size
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:27:57 GMT 2024