Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Broker Nagivator location URI(Broker Nagivator location URI for context menu)
Broker Nagivator location URI [message #1124101] Thu, 03 October 2013 07:21 Go to next message
Anjan Das is currently offline Anjan DasFriend
Hi All,

I am a beginner to eclipse plugin development.
I am trying add an item to context menu when doing a right click on project. I am able to do it in Project explorer view with the locationURI in menucontribution. Snippet as below:

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
<menuContribution locationURI="popup:org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer#PopupMenu?after=additions">

I tried to get the identifier for Broker Application Development Navigator with Alt+Shift+F1 which gives me com.ibm.etools.mft.navigator.resource (screenshot attached), but this does not get me the control over the menu to add the menu item.
index.php/fa/16363/0/

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
<menuContribution locationURI="popup:com.ibm.etools.mft.navigator.resource#PopupMenu?after=additions">

Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.
Re: Broker Nagivator location URI [message #1125065 is a reply to message #1124101] Fri, 04 October 2013 05:59 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Anjan,

Comments below.

On 03/10/2013 2:44 PM, Anjan Das wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a beginner to eclipse plugin development.
> I am trying add an item to context menu when doing a right click on project. I am able to do it in Project explorer view with the locationURI in menucontribution. Snippet as below:
>
> <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
> <menuContribution locationURI="popup:org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer#PopupMenu?after=additions">
Yes, the project explorer is designed to be extensible...
> ....
>
> I tried to get the identifier for Broker Application Development Navigator with Alt+Shift+F1 which gives me com.ibm.etools.mft.navigator.resource (screenshot attached), but this does not get me the control over the menu to add the menu item.
It's possible that this implementation class doesn't use the extension
registry to help populate the menu or doesn't include and "additions"
separator which might cause problems too. It's hard to say because
that's clearly some IBM code and likely can't see that source...
Perhaps better to ask on a forum specific to that tool...
>
>
> <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
> <menuContribution locationURI="popup:com.ibm.etools.mft.navigator.resource#PopupMenu?after=additions">
> ....
>
>
> Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Editor Document
Next Topic:JQuery file support in Mulit-page Editor plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:13:12 GMT 2024