Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to create dynamic meter chart scale
How to create dynamic meter chart scale [message #1121841] Tue, 01 October 2013 02:01 Go to next message
Erwin Hogeweg is currently offline Erwin HogewegFriend
Hi,

I have been drinking from the BIRT fire hose the past couple of weeks, and I think I am pretty much there as far as understanding the framework.

One thing I can't figure out though:
I want to create a dashboard report with each row in the table showing a Meter Chart representing the status of a system until its next checkpoint. The lower end of the chart represents the previous checkpoint, the upper end the next checkpoint, and the needle points to the current status. If this is clear as muddy water please see the image below.

The challenge is that the lower and upper limits are part of the data set, and different for each row. I found scripts to transfer the values from data set to chart as a global variable, but although that appears to work in the plugin viewer it fails miserably in the stand alone report viewer. Presumably because the same global variables are used for every row, which doesn't make this method very thread safe.

So, I was thinking: I can create global hash maps (in Javascript...) and use the record ID as key and the scale limit as value (maybe), but that starts to get pretty ugly just to transfer two variables to a chart.

Obviously the best thing would be if the Meter Scale would support dynamic values... Until that day arrives, does anyone have a suggestions as of he next best thing?

Kink Regards,

Erwin
index.php/fa/16337/0/

[Updated on: Tue, 01 October 2013 02:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to create dynamic meter chart scale [message #1138467 is a reply to message #1121841] Tue, 15 October 2013 05:34 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Any way you can provide a sample design with a csv file of sample data that can be used to run the report so I can see your issue and test? Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:dynamic display
Next Topic:Generating XML as output from BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:05:22 GMT 2024