Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help(I have tried everything adding old versions of java changed the path several different times i'm completley lost someone please help)
Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1115960] Tue, 24 September 2013 20:32 Go to next message
Shai Crockett is currently offline Shai CrockettFriend
I have tried everything i can think of to solve my issue. Every time i try to launch eclipse it flashes and this error pops up

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) Must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java Virtual machine was found after searching the following locations: C:\Users\ShaiSierra\Desktop\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH

Please someone help me solve this frustrating issue.
Re: Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1115963 is a reply to message #1115960] Tue, 24 September 2013 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Do you have a Java runtime installed?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1115967 is a reply to message #1115963] Tue, 24 September 2013 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have several versions of java installed i thought that was the problem i'm working on a windows 8 computer so i downloaded the new version as well as the old version
Re: Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1116019 is a reply to message #1115967] Tue, 24 September 2013 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith Spriggs is currently offline Keith SpriggsFriend
I had a similar problem recently.
What I did was remove all versions of Java and eclipse, (I did this on Windows through the safe mode)
Then download a clean version of the jdk
Then reinstalled eclipse.
Now I am banging my head of my table saying why didn't I comment better.
Re: Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1116042 is a reply to message #1116019] Tue, 24 September 2013 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you what version of java did you download and how do you get to safe mode? Could you possibly send me the link for which java version you used?
Re: Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1116244 is a reply to message #1115960] Wed, 25 September 2013 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenz is currently offline LorenzFriend
Shai Crockett wrote:

>I have tried everything i can think of to solve my issue. Every time i
>try to launch eclipse it flashes and this error pops up
>
>A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) Must be
>available in order to run Eclipse. No Java Virtual machine was found
>after searching the following locations:
>C:\Users\ShaiSierra\Desktop\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe javaw.exe in
>your current PATH
>
>Please someone help me solve this frustrating issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2030434/eclipse-no-java-jre-jdk-no-virtual-machine
--

Lorenz
Re: Can't Launch Eclipse It says it can't find java??? Please Help [message #1766689 is a reply to message #1116244] Sun, 25 June 2017 21:30 Go to previous message
Luke Goff is currently offline Luke GoffFriend
What is so difficult about providing basic packages? One for 7, one for 8, etc. All three downloads in a package. If they don't work, like these do not, then its up to them to adjust. I started a learning program, downloaded all they asked for, but at the last one its, Oh, there is no java. No current Java. Which is bullshit, because I downloaded every version possible to try and make it work., If you're own fucking programs wont work with each other, you have a problem.
Previous Topic:Error Downloading
Next Topic:Eclipse and package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:48:03 GMT 2024