Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Deployment error: "Driver definition could not be found"(Error when deploying to Tomcat)
icon9.gif  Deployment error: "Driver definition could not be found" [message #1115045] Mon, 23 September 2013 15:20 Go to next message
Carleen Dickerson is currently offline Carleen DickersonFriend
I'm using BIRT Viewer (whatever the latest is), and it runs fine in Eclipse. I'm using a JDBC Data Source for Postgres 9.1. I'm not using a connection profile (that I'm aware of, anyway!). However, when I deploy to Tomcat on another box and try to run, I get the error:

"Unable to open a connection with the database connection profile. java.lang.Exception: Driver definition could not be found."

Is there some installation step I'm not aware of? I've put the driver in BirtViewer/lib and Tomcat/lib, with the same result.

Thanks for any help!
Re: Deployment error: "Driver definition could not be found" [message #1116191 is a reply to message #1115045] Wed, 25 September 2013 04:39 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Let me set up a report with postgres in the morning and let you know what I see.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Populating BIRT report during runtime ?
Next Topic:Strange password error when running BIRT 4.3 report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:08:10 GMT 2024