Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson Service No Start
Hudson Service No Start [message #1110249] Mon, 16 September 2013 15:57 Go to next message
Chris Jurado is currently offline Chris JuradoFriend

Hello,

So I've just installed Hudson for the first time on a CentOS server. I used the yum installer per the instructions in the Hudson book. I noticed that the service doesn't start. When I get a list of current services using the command sudo service --status-all | grep hudson I get

hudson dead but pid file exists

So I go into /var/log/hudson to look at the logs, but there's no files.

So I look into the config folder under /var/lib/hudson and find no files there either.

Hm. So does the hudson user exist? I do a sudo su hudson and then echo "$USER" and all I get back is my own username, not hudson.

So it seems the installer either failed to create the hudson user or I'm missing something.

Anyone seen this before?

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young
Re: Hudson Service No Start [message #1110353 is a reply to message #1110249] Mon, 16 September 2013 19:32 Go to previous message
Chris Jurado is currently offline Chris JuradoFriend

Turns out, I'd assumed it would be aware of the JAVA_HOME variable which on this server is set to point to the local Java 1.7 install. It isn't. It instead went looking for Java and found an older 1.5 JDK.

It's working now. Thanks to our excellent Sysadmin for finding this one.

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

[Updated on: Mon, 16 September 2013 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Avoiding multiple ticket filing to Bug Tracker from Jenkins / Hudson for same test case failure.
Next Topic:Artifactory-Plugin 3.0.3 and permissions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:20:55 GMT 2024