Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT picks up the other undesired toolkit(Multiple MinGW prescenses clashes on Kepler)
CDT picks up the other undesired toolkit [message #1109627] Sun, 15 September 2013 18:42 Go to next message
Ulf Andersson is currently offline Ulf AnderssonFriend
Hello,

I am using CDT 8.2.0 on Eclipse Kepler Version: 4.3.0.v20130605-2000.
I am trying to use the MinGW version 4.6.1 (according to gcc -v).

The snag is that I also have Strawberry Perl installed, and it too has some version of MinGW installed deep inside.

It looks like CTD is picking up this Srtawberry Perl toolchain instead of my directly installed MinGW/MSYS toolchain. This creates some trouble in CDT paradise.

How can I tell CDT to steer clear of that undesired bundled toolchain and go for the one I installed directly?

Both toolchains appear in the PATH variable as I use Perl, even edit it with Eclipse, so removing Strawberry Perl from PATH is not an option. Also, MinGW and MSYS appears before Strawberry Perl in the PATH.

I am not sure what, and how much more, information is needed to solve this.

Thanks for any help.

/Ulf A.

Re: CDT picks up the other undesired toolkit [message #1110022 is a reply to message #1109627] Mon, 16 September 2013 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Check http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/concepts/cdt_c_before_you_begin.htm?cp=9_0 to see where Eclipse looks for MinGW.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: CDT picks up the other undesired toolkit [message #1732286 is a reply to message #1109627] Sat, 14 May 2016 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Galsky is currently offline Michael GalskyFriend
Move path to Perl directories after the path to MinGW or Cygwin in the PATH variable.
Re: CDT picks up the other undesired toolkit [message #1754066 is a reply to message #1109627] Tue, 14 February 2017 10:15 Go to previous message
Michael Breiter is currently offline Michael BreiterFriend
StrawberryPearl adds its bin directory and toolchain to both, the system path variable and the user path variable. Make sure that it's behind your desired toolchain in both!
Previous Topic:Content of <random> not resolved
Next Topic:Few suggestions about the CDT autocompletion behavior
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:09:50 GMT 2024