Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Model Explorer (navigator) in GMF
Model Explorer (navigator) in GMF [message #167516] Wed, 09 January 2008 22:56 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bbeaulieu1.quillings.com

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to GMF, and I'm having some difficulty around the subject of navigation. I have tried the GMF navigator, and it seems like a decent solution for a single-partition GMF application. However, I think I'm going to end up using two diagrams, as described in the Diagram Partitioning wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Diagram_Partitioning). It doesn't seem to me that I'll be able to use a single navigator to view my model by using the navigator in either of my generated gmfgen files. Is that a fair assessment of the current GMF navigator functionality, or is there some way to tweak it so that a single navigator would include objects from both partitions?

Assuming that I can't and that I have to create my own navigator, can anyone point me in the right direction for how to create one? I've created a view plugin that includes a Tree-style explorer, but I'm not sure of the best way to "connect" the model to the tree. I could traverse it myself, but it seems to me there's got to be a better way to render objects from an EMF model. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Brad.
Re: Model Explorer (navigator) in GMF [message #167663 is a reply to message #167516] Thu, 10 January 2008 17:07 Go to previous message
Alexander Shatalin is currently offline Alexander ShatalinFriend
Hello Brad,

> the navigator in either of my generated gmfgen files. Is that a fair
> assessment of the current GMF navigator functionality, or is there
> some way to tweak it so that a single navigator would include objects
> from both partitions?
it should be possible. Try using the same diagram file extension for the
second diagram and you'll probably get it working.
Even in case of failure I suggest you yo modify GMF-generated navigator (providers)
- it should be pretty straightforward to let it working and visualizing both
diagram contents in the same tree.

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Previous Topic:Invisible node in the diagram editor
Next Topic:Maintaining Compatibility Between New and Old Ecore Models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:46:19 GMT 2024