Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Extract a Subset of Communication Diagram (Extract a Subset of Communication Diagram )
Extract a Subset of Communication Diagram [message #1101388] Wed, 04 September 2013 11:50
Salwa Alzahmi is currently offline Salwa AlzahmiFriend
Hello,

I am trying to cut a subset of UML2.2 to get the communication diagram only. Because communication diagram use a lot of sequence diagram elements, i have a concern regarding how those elements are interpreted in the communication diagram.

1) in sequence Diagram the message are associated with two OccuranceSpecification and each encompasses an event "CallEvent" . SO , does both event should be the same for specific message.. for example MessageOccuranceSpecification1 call operation1 and another MessageOccuranceSpecification2 call operation1 and the create Message will take MessageOccuranceSpecification1 and MessageOccuranceSpecification2 as a RecieveEven and SendEvent.. IS THAT TRUE ??? if yes how is it represented with communication diagram ...

2) communication diagram there is a link between the two lifelines , what element that presenting this line .. Also there is a small arrow shows the message flow (send and recieve) along with a sequence number , what elements that represent those as well .?

I am attaching a screen shot of a communication diagram , could you please specified the modeling on each edge

Regards
Salwa

[Updated on: Wed, 04 September 2013 11:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem serialization of own UML ModelImpl
Next Topic:Instructions to upload OMG UML Testing Profile ver.1.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:13:06 GMT 2024