Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » 'metaRequirements' broken?
'metaRequirements' broken? [message #1100075] Mon, 02 September 2013 16:27 Go to next message
Bernd Vogt is currently offline Bernd VogtFriend
Hi,

tried to deliver a custom provisioning action along with some other bundles and features via an update site. My intention is to do some custom stuff when the features contained in the site will be installed. Therefor I declared the bundle with my provisioning action as a meta requirement in each feature (via p2.inf).

Unfortunately, I always got 'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No action found for: ...'.

If the bundle with the provisioning action is already installed, p2 recognizes and invokes it...

So... is 'metaRequirements' broken or is it just not intended for my use case?

Thanks,
Bernd
Re: 'metaRequirements' broken? [message #1111302 is a reply to message #1100075] Wed, 18 September 2013 03:31 Go to previous message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
As far I can tell metaRequirements still work in Kepler.
Say that you are trying to install ABC and it has a meta requirements on ZZZ, where ABC would be the real feature you are trying to install and ZZZ is contributing some new p2 actions, then ZZZ and its dependencies must only use the touchpoint actions that are already installed.
Previous Topic:Bundle Qualifier Substitution
Next Topic:Question on instructions.install items
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:08:50 GMT 2024