Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How to import an existing project from sunversion into a dynamic web project?
How to import an existing project from sunversion into a dynamic web project? [message #164869] Sat, 25 March 2006 11:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: zkoppany.gmx.de

Hi,

I have a project in subversion. How can I create a dynamic web project from
subversion?

zsolt
Re: How to import an existing project from sunversion into a dynamic web project? [message #164884 is a reply to message #164869] Sat, 25 March 2006 16:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

A project's type is configured by dot files like .project and .classpath (possibly another for dynamic web projects, like .websettings or similar). The best thing to do would be to create a new dummy web project, then structure your code in SVN to match the structure created by the web project, and copy the .files across into SVN. Then, delete the dummy project and import your project in.

Whilst it's possible to change files like the .project on live projects, you may find weird behaviour even if you close and open a project again. It is sometimes better to delete the project from the workspace (but don't delete contents!) and then re-import as you don't get problems that way.

Alex.
Previous Topic:How can I remove support for a generic server in WTP
Next Topic:xdoclet ejb - generated source code location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 17:43:35 GMT 2024