Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » mwe2 Workflow passed, but Eclipse can't start my DSL-Editor(Plug-in ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.Formlayout.ui was unable to load class ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.formlayout.ui.FormlayoutExecutableExtensionFactory.)
mwe2 Workflow passed, but Eclipse can't start my DSL-Editor [message #1098219] Fri, 30 August 2013 20:03 Go to next message
Othmar Lippuner is currently offline Othmar LippunerFriend
I defined this DSL to describe a Screenlayout:

Formlayout.xtext:

grammar ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.formlayout.Formlayout with
                                      org.eclipse.xtext.common.Terminals

generate formlayout "http://www.eclipse.org/formlayout"

Formlayout :   	'formlayout' formdecription=Description 'frmID' frmID=ID  datasource=Datasource (pkfields+=PKfields)? otherregions=OtherRegions;
Datasource:   	'table' tableID=ID 	('view' viewID=ID)?;
Description:   	STRING;
PKfields:   	'pkfields' (pkfields+=PKfield)+;
PKfield:	'label' pkLabelID=ID  'fieldname' fieldname=ID 'datatype' datatype=ID;
Field:		'label' labelID=ID  'fieldname' fieldname=ID 'datatype' datatype=ID;
OtherRegions:    (region+=Region  | tabbedRegion+=TabbedRegion)+;
TabbedRegion: 	'tabbedregion' STRING ('tab' tabId+=ID fields+=Fields)+;
Region: 	'region' STRING Fields ;
Fields: 	(field+=Field)+;

It's compiled with no error. The workflow GenerateFormlayout.mwe2 is done with no error or warning.

Then I launch another runtime eclipse, to start writting a code in my newly created DSL. Eclipse starts but in console a got an error

Plug-in ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.Formlayout.ui was unable to load class ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.formlayout.ui.FormlayoutExecutableExtensionFactory.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.Formlayout.ui was unable to load class ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.formlayout.ui.FormlayoutExecutableExtensionFactory.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:282)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:278)
... some more 

What is wrong?
The bolded part of term, is a thing that makes me insecure:

generate formlayout "http://www.eclipse.org/formlayout"
is this correct? How is this interpreted?

[Updated on: Sat, 31 August 2013 09:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: mwe2 Workflow passed, but Eclipse can't stand my DSL-Editor [message #1098316 is a reply to message #1098219] Fri, 30 August 2013 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian McDevitt is currently offline Ian McDevittFriend
Was the FormlayoutExecutableExtensionFactory.java file generated in your ui/src-gen folder?

If so, then if you post its contents we could compare.
Re: mwe2 Workflow passed, but Eclipse can't stand my DSL-Editor [message #1098573 is a reply to message #1098316] Sat, 31 August 2013 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meanwhile I got the idea to work from scratch in a new xtext project. The error was gone and I could work firsttime in my DSL editor. Now I extended and changed the syntax and I get the same error message again. Seems to look like a cleanup bug, that happens before the new code is generated?

The generated code in that file is the same in both projects:

/*
 * generated by Xtext
 */
package ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.formlayout.ui;

import org.eclipse.xtext.ui.guice.AbstractGuiceAwareExecutableExtensionFactory;
import org.osgi.framework.Bundle;

import com.google.inject.Injector;

import ch.lpno.xtext.dsl.formlayout.ui.internal.FormlayoutActivator;

/**
 * This class was generated. Customizations should only happen in a newly
 * introduced subclass. 
 */
public class FormlayoutExecutableExtensionFactory extends AbstractGuiceAwareExecutableExtensionFactory {

@Override
	protected Bundle getBundle() {
		return FormlayoutActivator.getInstance().getBundle();
	}

@Override
	protected Injector getInjector() {
		return FormlayoutActivator.getInstance().getInjector(FormlayoutActivator.CH_LPNO_XTEXT_DSL_FORMLAYOUT_FORMLAYOUT);
	}

}

Re: mwe2 Workflow passed, but Eclipse can't stand my DSL-Editor [message #1098928 is a reply to message #1098573] Sat, 31 August 2013 22:51 Go to previous message
By recreating from scratch the error could be eliminated. I get diffrent problem I've to describe in a diffrent post.
Previous Topic:Injecting an IParser (yes, again...)
Next Topic:Referencing Java Types From A Manually Linked Grammar?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 15:46:11 GMT 2024